Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked well for me! Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 mobo!

However, cold boots and reboots are severely lacking in speed. Takes a solid minute to POST to the Clover loading screen for some reason now. Before I ran this fix, I was experimenting with the BIOS USB settings trying to see if that would resolve it, and I found that the lag comes from enabling "EHCI Hand-Off". I also experimented with turning "XHCI Mode" to "Enabled" instead of "Auto" or "Smart Auto" and that too would cause slow boot times. Once I get the chance I think I'll try disabling the "EHCI Hand-off" again and see if it all still works properly.

FWIW, I'm running a Plugable 7-port 60w powered USB 3.0 hub off of one of the USB 3.0 jacks on the back of the mobo, and then I have 3 USB 3.0 HDD's plugged into the hub, as well as my monitor's USB 2.0 hub plugged into that hub, with a MS Xbox 360 wireless adapter and Logitech C920 webcam plugged into it...

EDIT: I went ahead and disabled "EHCI Hand-off" and all appears to be working fine, and I got my normal POST/reboot times back as well. Huzzah!

Is that hex address valid for any usb controller/manufacturer?

It is clear from ioreg that you have built-in port injectors interfering...

Try renaming EHC1->EH01, EHC2->EH02.

My DSDT didn't match a search of EHC. DSDT came from an export with Clover. Am I doing something wrong?

It must. I see it in ioreg. The names we see in ioreg come from ACPI.

Attaching my IOReg file... maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Looks like I am using XHC1 2 etc... Should it be EH01 EH02 and so on?

Also when not using a patch DSDT it shows differently, see attached

Attachments

• enigma99a_2.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 98
  • enigma99a_no_patched_DSDT.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 84
Hello REHABMAN
I made the change in two places in the dsdt I not known whether if in the right place but it did not pass the EHC1, EHC2 in EHO2, EHO1
I use the dsdt tony mac if you can change the thank you
or it may be necessary to make changes to other places, I do not know, I think the problem has to touch everyone who uses the P55

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-F11.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 112
Attaching my IOReg file... maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Looks like I am using XHC1 2 etc... Should it be EH01 EH02 and so on?

Also when not using a patch DSDT it shows differently, see attached

EUSB and USBE are the native names. Not a good idea to rename it to XHC1/XHC2.

Best to leave these names as-is so they don't conflict with names Apple uses (EHC1/EHC2/XHC1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back