Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm following the UniBeast 6 method for El Capitan.

But UniBeast fails to this whilst Copying Files:

"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy base system"

Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• unibeast 6.tiff
    95.9 KB · Views: 663
Made my USB drive, stuck at this screen. Pressing continue doesn't do anything, no matter what's selected...

Edit: remade with different drive, works.

Attachments

• File Oct 01, 2 04 13 PM.jpg
    File Oct 01, 2 04 13 PM.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 572
same problem.. same error. All Unibeast installations before 6.0 have been flawless for me.

Attempted on a 8GB USB flash drive with a App Store copy of OS X 10.11 on a MacBookPro.

Found a 16GB around the house and gave it a shot. Seems that the 16GB stick works. Yay.

Made my USB drive, stuck at this screen. Pressing continue doesn't do anything, no matter what's selected...

Edit: remade with different drive, works.

your computer got nothing to boot from. its either your USB installer wasnt created correctly as for UEFI nor legacy option . and at the same time your main destination HDD is not connected.
if you search on those options , you will find a option to boot from file .
select it and you need to have a path to load from , you can open it and see the files of that USB installer.
go to the efi folder and boot folder and choose the 64 bit boot file and see if it runs.
hop any of what i wrote make sense , though iam pretty noob at this.

It's because the drive isn't big enough. Tried a couple of times on the same drive and got the "Couldn't copy base system" error. Noticed that formatted it was 7.3GB in size. Tried another one and it was 7.5GB and the installer finished. Think the new size minimum must be about 7.4-7.5GB and anything smaller will make it fail. Don't have anything bigger than ~8GB in size to try, but the second one I used worked.

Finishes up with the main partition with about 105MB free and the EFI partition at ~207/278.Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 10.43.50 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back