Contribute
Register

El Capitan Unibeast 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because the drive isn't big enough. Tried a couple of times on the same drive and got the "Couldn't copy base system" error. Noticed that formatted it was 7.3GB in size. Tried another one and it was 7.5GB and the installer finished. Think the new size minimum must be about 7.4-7.5GB and anything smaller will make it fail. Don't have anything bigger than ~8GB in size to try, but the second one I used worked.

Finishes up with the main partition with about 105MB free and the EFI partition at ~207/278.View attachment 153267

Looks like that's the problem then. Thanks chaps I'll get a new drive on the way home.

I had the same error but manage to solve it by erasing the USB drive clean using diskutillity.
My USB is 16GB.

I have problem with creating bootable USB for El Capitan installation, I use 16 gb flash drive and process stuck on Installing Bootloader... (step after Copying files)
Any solution?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 100
Did it work ? Cos i'm having the same problem but my usb drive is alredy 16gb. Since this afternoon I have redownloaded El Capitan twice and tried 4 times always erasing it but no luck, a few minutes after unibeast starts copying files a folder names OS X System Base opens up. if useful, i've been able to make yosemite usb without any problems previusly. EDIT: both the times i downloaded El Capitan it got an error when there was like 1 gb remaining, so i click download again and it starts from where it stopped and complete without anything strange.

Thanks man, it worked. When the folder opended up I just closed it and left unibeast doing it's stuff. I might look like it's stuck at some points but after 1hour and half it was done. Now it's stuck at the apple logo when I boot from USB but it already happened before with Yosemite, I remember that i had to add a few kexts to the usb

Hi all,

I'm following the UniBeast 6 method for El Capitan.

But UniBeast fails to this whilst Copying Files:

"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy base system"

Any ideas anyone?

I think I've found the solution. You need to extract and run the Unibeast file from the download directory. When I moved it to the USB stick which is what I've always done in the past, it doesn't work.

Same Problem...

The information you post save me...

the first 8GB USB i try is just 7.42GB, ERROR: There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy base system...

the second 8GB USB is 7.5GB+ it finish my OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan Unibeast USB creation....

thanks mate :clap:....

Hi all,

I'm following the UniBeast 6 method for El Capitan.

But UniBeast fails to this whilst Copying Files:

"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy base system"

Any ideas anyone?
same problem buddy help me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 3.17.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 3.17.41 pm.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back