Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[El Capitan] Unable to install any kext - SIP is disabled

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank you for all the intial work on the Hackintosh stuff :thumbup:
This is my second buiild, my first one was about 5 years ago.

I got El Capitan up and running, with Clover r2230 and legacy boot options. There are a bunch of things that don't work out of the box:
- WiFi: I can see my access point, but the connection attempts always fail (CSL Wifi USB Stick)
Under Ubuntu, the working driver is named "r8712u", chip is RTL8191SU.
- Ethernet
- Sound

The most important thing is Wifi, of course. This problem description is about installing the Realtek and Atheros kext files.

First of all I made sure that SIP is disabled and installed the kexts with MultiBeast (El Capitan Edition).
PHP:
csrutil status
They appear in L/E, but don't have any effect after reboot. So I changed the Clover options for CsrActiveConfig to 0x1, 0x3, 0x67 - still the kexts won't load.

To verify which kexts have been loaded I use:
PHP:
kextstat -l | grep -v apple
The only one which always loads is FakeSMC.
So I tried manually to rebuiild the kext cache with
PHP:
sudo kextcache -r -update-volume /
which had no effect after reboot either. I verified the kext's permissions.

So I tried various other kext installers, like kextbeast (with L/E and S/L/E) or easykext. I still can't get the system to load any kexts.

I even put the kexts in every folder under /EFI/CLOVER/kext/... (10.9, 10.10, 10.11, other) and changed the kextinjection in clover from 'Detect' to 'Yes'.

I am out of ideas now. Maybe someone could give me a hint whats going on here :)

Thanks in advance!

Solved it after 5 days :crazy:

To get the kexts loaded, the cache has to be invalidated with:
PHP:
sudo kextcache -invalidate
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

This seems to work. And after that I installed the official Realtek drivers for Mavericks from the website, these got me connected.

However, I encounter one system crash since then... Hopefully I can find a fix to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back