3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
As Apple has killed Sierra (10.12) from the App Store before I got round to downloading it, I'm looking at going from El Capitan straight to High Sierra.

I've followed these guides which are fairly similar (El Capitan to Sierra direct via Clover, Sierra to High Sierra direct via Clover) to see if the process would work for me, but it seems not.

I did a clean install of El Capitan on a spare SSD using Clover and downloaded the Install High Sierra app from App Store. Once I've launched and run the Install High Sierra app, the system reboots and I can choose to boot from Install macOS on the clover screen. But then things fail.

I get the Apple startup logo on a black screen indefinitely. Have tried rebooting a dozen times and I'll either get that or the no-entry sign. I've tried verbose mode, safe mode, and almost every other option and combination thereof in clover options. I've read that booting "without cache" and "inject kexts" but these options don't show in the clover options menu for me.

Has anyone been able to successfully upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra directly via Clover?

As Apple has killed Sierra (10.12) from the App Store before I got round to downloading it, I'm looking at going from El Capitan straight to High Sierra.

I've followed these guides which are fairly similar (El Capitan to Sierra direct via Clover, Sierra to High Sierra direct via Clover) to see if the process would work for me, but it seems not.

I did a clean install of El Capitan on a spare SSD using Clover and downloaded the Install High Sierra app from App Store. Once I've launched and run the Install High Sierra app, the system reboots and I can choose to boot from Install macOS on the clover screen. But then things fail.

I get the Apple startup logo on a black screen indefinitely. Have tried rebooting a dozen times and I'll either get that or the no-entry sign. I've tried verbose mode, safe mode, and almost every other option and combination thereof in clover options. I've read that booting "without cache" and "inject kexts" but these options don't show in the clover options menu for me.

Has anyone been able to successfully upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra directly via Clover?
yes i just did it this morning
i also did an clean install of El captain use the multicast for sierra refi quick boot the boot loader refi 4173 copy the null cpu management than follow the rest the steps from the direct up date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back