Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Just got El Capitan installed on my system today using clover, (which was not an easy task...) but i have everything working, sound, internet, etc. all except for Sleep. When I put it to sleep, the computer does go to sleep for about 2 seconds, then comes right back on to a black screen. If I touch my keyboard, the login screen comes on, but if I leave it alone, it will just loop between sleeping then coming right back on to a black screen...

Any ideas/experience with this?

specs:
GA-X99-UD4
i7 5820k
GTX 980

try without any usb, only keyboard and mouse

I have this problem with Sierra which I can't resolve, only difference is that the login screen won't show up if I touch the keyboard, just a black screen.

Also had it under El Capitan but fixed it with an older Clover build than the latest build at that time, that was about a year ago.
Don't know specifically what triggered the fix.

Tried to unplug all usb accessories but keyboard and mouse, no improvement.

Last edited:
I solved that: You have to set to the power management that your monitor turns off after 3 hours (and not "never").

If it doesn't work then you must set this in terminal:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Hemon, I appreciate your help and I tried setting the monitor to 3 hours and also tried setting it in the terminal but unfortunately it doesn't work on my end.

I solved that: You have to set to the power management that your monitor turns off after 3 hours (and not "never").

If it doesn't work then you must set this in terminal:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Hi, Sorry for going off thread, how to reverse "sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0", is it
"sudo pmset -a standby 1 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 1"??

Hi, Sorry for going off thread, how to reverse "sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0", is it

I would like to know the same!

Who knows that? (for iMac 14,2)

Correct :thumbup:

Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 1 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back