1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
PC Configuration:
CPU - Intel i7-6700k
MOBO - Gigabyte h110m-ds2
RAM - 8gb ddr4 2113mhz
HDD - 120 gb ssd

I managed to install system via Unibeast El Capitan but booting from usb drive with -x (safe mode) boot flag. After installation I can only boot to ssd system drive with (again) -x (safe mode) boot drive (or it will restart after bluetooth..). I only have HD 530.
I did set bios as it is suggested in most El Capitan / Gigabyte combos.
While I am in safe mod, I cant install clover and cant boot EFI partition on usb to Configure Clover.
Is there any workaround so I can make it work?

Thanks a lot!

I do not have a complete solution for you but a suggestion based on experience with an Asus mobo and a Skylake i7cpu and Nvidia 970 gpu.

Go back to the original Basic Skylake Starter Guide. Presumably you understand how to mount the EFI partition. Use the configp file you can download. Modify it, strictly following syntax and correct insertion points, as described on that page. In my ignorance I just used text editor. Download the other kexts and install into Unibeast as instructed. If you have an Nvidia card use appropriate boot flag to install. The guides to mobo settings are fairly comprehensive on that and other pages on this website and I would make sure they are all correct. I forgot that my mobo had a modest 15% overclock but that did not cause any problems. As always if you have Windows on another hard drive it is wisest to unplug that drive while installing OS X.

That should load El Capitan as well as Clover. It should supply USB 3 support at least for the back panel USB 3 ports (and possibly others but I presume you have read the arcana of Skylake and USB 3). All RAM should be recognized as should all processor cores including virtual. What is being installed I presume is not specific to the mobo but generic for the chipset so I do not see why it would not work on a Gigabyte mobo as it does on my Asus Maximus.

You may not be able to boot off your SSD, but I do not see that as a deal breaker. Running Multibeast may not solve anything and may render the system unbootable (my sad experience) but is worth a try--reinstallation should be a snap. To be honest I have not tried running Multibeast since the last El Cap upgrade so it may work now but based on my limited understanding I have my doubts.

If you boot off Unibeast, no flags should be required but you will have to see, you should have mobo network function. The rest is up to you. A simple workaround for audio is an inexpensive USB audio adapter which many people have used for all generations of OS X and hackintoshes. That is exactly where I am stuck now, mainly because it works well enough for me. I am typing on that machine running a 4k display with the Nvidia drivers (the generic OS X drivers did not support 4k) and the last El Cap upgrade. It isn't perfect but is quite stable except for random video driver related glitches in Photoshop that affect the image on the desktop but not the saved file. I am able to use this installation for work with all needed programs and peripherals, particularly color managed printing, which I would rather do than obsess about booting off the SSD or motherboard based audio.

I did not have success--as in many many failures-- following guides kindly posted by others using their configp and procedures for the same ASUS mobo. I simply do not understand all the file modifications required which I suspect is most people's problem with Skylake, so a more generic approach may also work--within noted limits-- for you. Hopefully Apple will further modify the OS to support the generic Intel chipset with upcoming Skylake laptops so the wizards who run this website can make installation as reliable as with older chipsets.

Hey thanks for reply!

Anyway after few days of headache, I finally managed to boot in system.
Apparently I had 2 problems:
1. I didn't disable serial port 1
2. I couldnt pass IntelCPUPowerManagement so I had to install NULLCpupower kext

After that I am able to boot to system but my internal graphics card is glitchy, has no acceleration and shows only 7mb vram. I did look at intel hd 530 tutorial as 10.11.4 but my motherboard has only VGA output so I cant use dvi or hdmi.

Do you have any idea how could I fix this?

I am really thankful for any help.
Cheers!

WoW I got acceleration and 1536 MB when I updated Clover to latest version. :headbang:

I have one last problem:
I cant have better resolution then 1280x800.
Is there anyway to force it to be 1920x1080?

Hi,

I'm not able to config my BIOS setting for installing El Capitan . anybody please help me.

Here my PC information:
  1. M/B : Gigabyte H110M-s2.
  2. RAM : 8Gb DDR4.
  3. Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 6th Generation.
  4. UniBeast 6.2.0 for create bootable pendrive.

My pen-drive is boot and when I select "External (Boot Mac OS X from Untitled)" there is nothing to do only blank screen visible. After that PC shout down.

Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back