Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD5H-Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Everything was working great and I had to go ahead and update :eek:

I updated to 10.11.6 from I believe 10.11.3.

Unfortunately this has made me get the Prohibited Screen when attempting to start and a OSXAptioFixDrv error.

I've read some suggestions but still need some help getting things back working. I have access to a Yosemite install USB but unfortunately not another computer at the moment.

I am running Clover 3270 and my hardware config is up to date in my profile.

I have tried running with cpus=1 with no success.

I also tried updating the OSX version number in the boot options and that didn't work.

I've read that I should try OSXAptioFixDrv2, but I'm not sure how I'd get that onto my machine and setup

Thanks for any help!

Here's a screenshot of verbose

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 226
After reading a bit more it seems I should have disabled SIP before upgrading Vía App Store.

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not as some posts suggest that Clover 3270 would be able to adjust these settings as needed on the fly

So does this mean to get things working again I need to edit my config.plist to disable SIP and rebuild kernel cache.

How can I do this in my current system state where the OSXAptioFixDrv stops me from booting into single user verbose?

Can I do this vía Terminal on Yosemite Installation USB? What commands would I use?

Much thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I noticed that I can boot intro safe mode, and things work, even Internet, although graphic performance is pretty horrible.

However, when I mount my EFI for my System Drive it shows up empty. Not sure if this is a function of Safe Mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I solved this ultimately by disabling SIP by setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

I used my old Yosemite Installation USB:
  • Booted from Installation USB
  • Loaded Terminal Via Utilities Menu
  • Mounted my OSX EFI by using "diskutil list" and then "diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1", using the path I found via previous command.
  • Clover Configurator wouldn't save. So I loaded Sublime Text by navigating to my OSX drive and using the command "Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text" (quotes included). Once Sublime Text loaded I was able to open up the config.plist and make the desired change from 0x3 to 0x67

I solved this ultimately by disabling SIP by setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

I used my old Yosemite Installation USB:
  • Booted from Installation USB
  • Loaded Terminal Via Utilities Menu
  • Mounted my OSX EFI by using "diskutil list" and then "diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1", using the path I found via previous command.
  • Clover Configurator wouldn't save. So I loaded Sublime Text by navigating to my OSX drive and using the command "Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text" (quotes included). Once Sublime Text loaded I was able to open up the config.plist and make the desired change from 0x3 to 0x67

It's a common issue when using OsxAptioFixDrv with SIP fully enabled. Make sure CsrActiveCong is set to 0x67 all times. Never a good idea having SIP fully enabled.

True

It was actually partially enabled and still causing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back