Contribute
Register

El Capitan post-install issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I've a unused laptop and I've decided to give it a second life, so I decided to make it a Hackintosh. :)
The laptop is an ASUS F551CA-SX051H (i3-3217U) with 4 Gb of RAM and a 256Gb SSD (replacing the original 500 Gb mech drive).
I've installed El Capitan (and not a more newer OS) because there's no way to get the ethernet or wifi active during install (from Sierra the installer needs to call Apple before starting the installation process). I've no problem to use 10.11... it's always a 4 Gb only device. :)
Now the OS is installed and working well, fast and smooth, but I've three important issues and, before starting googling and trying various fixes, I writing this to you searching for solutions and/or ideas...

Disclaimer: this is my FIRST hackintosh installation so excuse me for any "noob questions and replies" that I'll probably give you...

Issues:

1. I can't boot directly from the internal SSD. Now the PC is booting using an USB stick with clover installed (the same I've used to launch installer). Without this pen, the PC opens the BIOS settings screen.

2. No wifi. No Ethernet. I've tried some kexts even for loading the ethernet device only, but non is working. No ethernet, no wifi. I've read around the web that this laptop uses a chipset not supported by any kexts... but I'm here to get "official" confirms about that. If there's no driver available I can buy a wifi stick but i need to know, in this case, which product is suitable for a hackintosh.

3. no audio. I've tried some kexts again (Voodoo and AppleHDA) but... with Voodoo nothing happens. With AppleHDA the audio goes active during bootup with a terrible Larsen effect (it seems to keep the mic open, looping with the speakers...) and if I try to play something (like error messages from Control Panel) nothing happens except for the loud and fixed "larsen" hiss.

Ok, that's all... Do you some advices or solutions? Any idea or suggestion?
Thanks a lot.
M.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back