Intel Core i7-4790
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys!

Before i start, i really want to thank you for your awesome work! I love how OS X runs on my PC!

I just have one single Problem! The Bootmanager will only show up when my installation USB stick is plugged in. Otherwise it says "no OS Found".

I use the Clover v2.3 r3320 UEFI Bootloader/mode as well as FakeSMC v6.18.1394.

I have this PC:
http://shop.lenovo.com/il/en/tech-specs/desktops/lenovo-h50/

Screen+Shot+2016-03-26+at+00.32.35.png

everything is working very nice so far! (For audio i installed a separate .kext)

Sorry if i forgot any information.. i am a newbie!

did you use multibeast to install the bootloader ?

In your BIOS set the boot priority to the UEFI partition of your hard drive / SSD.

So, where are at this point in booting?

This happens when the installation USB is not plugged in:

boot fail.jpg

and when the USB is inside the boot menu pops up:

boot ok.jpg

"external" is the USB and HFS is my drive from which i boot.. i dont know why or how to change that, but the "external" seems to be set as default.

Hey all,

I seem to be having a similar problem so maybe by adding the details of my issue we can get to a solution for both of us.

I was also able to format my SSD, load El Capitan, and configure El Capitan. I then ran MultiBeast and completed configuration. (Note: this SSD previously had Windows 7 loaded on it). Also tried the entire configuration the Post-Installation Folder and Clover Method. Have reset in BIOS this SSD as the only Boot option.

Unfortunately, it still seems to be trying to boot Windows (which no longer exists on the drive) - Goes to Windows Error Recovery (options for booting in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config, Normal Config, etc.). Just as a test, tried letting it boot into windows but it of course fails, as windows is no longer there.

Seems like it just isn't finding El Capitan on the drive. Any ideas?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Getting a little :oops:.
Thanks again.

@boern

Are you sure your motherboard is compatible with UEFI booting ? I would try to install clover (still using multibeast as you did) but in legacy mode.

-external is always set as default when you use the usb key, don't worry when you'll get to the on-disk clover, your hfs will be set as default

@lucedus13

it seems you still have the windows recovery partition on your disk. Delete it. I suggest zeroing the disk using a tool like DBAN, you'll have a completely clean slate to start your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back