Ate Radeon x1600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good afternoon!

I tried to install El Capitan last night on a macbook pro model A1211 (mid 2006) ATI radeon x1600 Intel Core 2 Duo. I´m able to boot but in the login page mouse and keyboard simple don´t work.

I tried to install multibeast but failed, so I installed the El Capitan Post Install tools. Still no luck (I installed all this on a supported Mac booting from an external usb drive, then I shut down the supported mac and installed the hard drive again in the A1211 with no luck)

I´m new in this, so please forgive my ignorance I don´t know what else to do to get El Capitan Working on this unsupported Mac A1211

Good afternoon!

I tried to install El Capitan last night on a macbook pro model A1211 (mid 2006) ATI radeon x1600 Intel Core 2 Duo. I´m able to boot but in the login page mouse and keyboard simple don´t work.

I tried to install multibeast but failed, so I installed the El Capitan Post Install tools. Still no luck (I installed all this on a supported Mac booting from an external usb drive, then I shut down the supported mac and installed the hard drive again in the A1211 with no luck)

I´m new in this, so please forgive my ignorance I don´t know what else to do to get El Capitan Working on this unsupported Mac A1211

Macbook is too old. EFI Firmware is 32bit same with ATI kexts/drivers. Wasting your time pretty much you can pick up a MacBook 09/10 next to nothing second hand now.

Unfortunately yes, it's too old, I was able to replace the boot.efi file following this guide http://www.caradimas.org/john/?p=193, and the Mac successfully booted to the login screen, but no keyboard no mouse, any remote chance to get the old drivers and make them work?

No. Drivers for the MacBook are only in 32bit. No 64bit support hence why apple never added support for the laptop.

Well, that is too bad, I really wanted to bring this baby to life With a new os.

Well, that is too bad, I really wanted to bring this baby to life With a new os.
There's a way. Don't let this one discourage you. I managed to get Yosemite on my mb pro 2,2 but just wasn't quite working cuz, of the video card however keyboard, trackpad ect all worked

I have a macbook pro a1212 240 ssd and 4gb ram with ati x1600 graphics card. I try to upgrade to the mavericks, yosemite, sierra ... but everyone gets the graphics bugged. I did not find the kext anywhere to be able to install it perfectly. everything else works, except for graphics. would anyone have this kext or could it help me otherwise? I would greatly appreciate it!

@jrquinello Can You write how You launched the keyboard and trackpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back