Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo ThinkCentre M81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61M-S2H << need manufacturer name >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
9600 GT
Lenovo Desktop Computer M81 - Intel 4 Core i5 2400 3.10 GHz 4 GB

Found this refurbished machine for $160.00. No graphics card added but it has display port and vga.
Latest:
I'm only using VGA at the moment and it gets stuck and the last line mentioned is

Hanging at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Next thing to try:

Haswell Integrated Graphics Don't Start
  • Often a hang or reboot after hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol:untitled
  • Often several lines after Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport
    • Format your disk Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID Partition Table before running the installation process
    • Try Clover Configurator / ACPI / FixDisplay
    • Confirm Inject Intel = true
    • Try updating to current BIOS release
    • Try using other digital outputs on your board (other HDMI/DVI/DP ports)

Attachments

• 30303.jpg
    30303.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 272
I'm only using VGA at the moment and it gets stuck and the last line mentioned is

Hanging at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).
thanks for that tip...i guess i will go display port then

thanks for that tip...i guess i will go display port then

To compound your woes, Intel HD Graphics 2000 are unsupported in OS X / macOS too.

thank you again!

this is the closest to success I've been so far!

Attachments

• 20170513_105446_026.jpg
    20170513_105446_026.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 218
now onto MultiBeast

Attachments

• 20170513_113313_665.jpg
    20170513_113313_665.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
now onto MultiBeast
Somewhat of a pointless exercise as Intel HD Graphics 2000 are unsupported and unaccelerated graphics are painful.

so far no audio but the ethernet works. also i've noticed the choppy frame rate at times...

im wondering if I should be thankful or if it would be smart to go to Sierra Mac OS...i understand things might not be possible with the old intel graphics

im wondering if I should be thankful or if it would be smart to go to Sierra Mac OS...i understand things might not be possible with the old intel graphics
You need a processor with supported integrated graphics or a graphics card, the version of the operating system will have little impact if any.

Somewhat of a pointless exercise as Intel HD Graphics 2000 are unsupported and unaccelerated graphics are painful.

You need a processor with supported integrated graphics or a graphics card, the version of the operating system will have little impact if any.
im just trying to get the latest xcode running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back