Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please attach final clover and all work after the fix

It's is fixed and you were right: the Pathmap was in error.
[Pin Complex] (Stereo Amp-Out) should have been set to 20 (0x14) in Platforms.xml, it was previously set to 24...
Now working with clear audio.

Just as an FYI to folks working on this model - I went for a long-shot and picked up a BCM94352Z NGFF card that was actually DELL-branded (DW1560), and my P50 accepted it just fine; the stock BIOS didn't object at all. A little tweaking to make that chipset work as usual and I have native built-in wifi, no problem. Works just fine.

Just as an FYI to folks working on this model - I went for a long-shot and picked up a BCM94352Z NGFF card that was actually DELL-branded (DW1560), and my P50 accepted it just fine; the stock BIOS didn't object at all. A little tweaking to make that chipset work as usual and I have native built-in wifi, no problem. Works just fine.

@Viqsi
i have same version like yours NVidia Quadro M1000M, 1920x1080
i have intel hd530 works fine

Do you have any chance getting nvidia work ?

please can you share your clover folder ?

@RehabMan

p50 Quadro is separated and can work as fully dedicated especially when connected to external screen
I think it's not Optimus its different from other ThinkPad models

by the way, i am running Sierra and have everything fine except battery management

@RehabMan

p50 Quadro is separated and can work as fully dedicated especially when connected to external screen
I think it's not Optimus its different from other ThinkPad models

by the way, i am running Sierra and have everything fine except battery management

Your profile doesn't even indicate you have Nvidia (please fix your profile as per FAQ).
If the Nvidia has dedicated HDMI output, then perhaps you can make it work with stock Nvidia drivers or Nvidia web drivers.
Of course, that will apply only to an external screen...

Battery patching is covered in the FAQ.

@Viqsi
i have same version like yours NVidia Quadro M1000M, 1920x1080
i have intel hd530 works fine

Do you have any chance getting nvidia work ?

please can you share your clover folder ?

It more or less worked out of the box for me with the BIOS set up for discrete graphics only, but with some occasional flicker glitches. Couldn't get sleep working at all either. At the moment I'm pursuing getting it working with the HD530 graphics and seeing if that's any more stable, then working from there.

It more or less worked out of the box for me with the BIOS set up for discrete graphics only, but with some occasional flicker glitches. Couldn't get sleep working at all either. At the moment I'm pursuing getting it working with the HD530 graphics and seeing if that's any more stable, then working from there.

Hd530 works fine can you upload your clover files also about NVME ssd do u have chance getting it work

@Viqsi i got the sam card BCM94352Z how u made it work ?

@Viqsi i got the sam card BCM94352Z how u made it work ?

Hi, can you share some config files list of kexts, you used to have it running. Have you try to upgrade to high Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back