error

Last edited:
I have similar Set up
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
i7-6700K 4GHz LGA1151
32Gb Crucial Ballistix SportDDR4-2400 RAM
Nvidia GTX-960 OC
My problem is with my external Sound Card Apogee Quartet
I have interference Crakle sound when i try to to record with my Pro Tools Software and same trouble with Logic pro
Anyone have idea
Thats my first build, New to Hackintosh
Thank you

Hi. Same equipment as tofuconfetti. I followed all the instructions to a Tee and everything was fine until I loaded the nvidia drivers. Now I can't log in no matter what I try. Everything gets me a black screen. Any tips on logging in so I can try uninstalling the nvidia drivers? Any tips on logging in? After the clover boot screen it just goes black. I've tried nv_disable=1, safe mode...
Sorry to be so late on this. The Nvidia drivers MUST match the version of OSX 11.xx you are running. I'm not sure how to disable the drivers after you have installed them. Surely there is a way. But, the black screen means your drivers don't match your version of OSX. You may have to reinstall if you can't disable or uninstall them. Then upgrade everything with the low res screen, then install the latest drivers. That's the way I would do it. I did this when I upgraded to the latest OSX and forgot the drivers weren't there yet. Fortunately, I had cloned the drive, so I retro-cloned it and started over.

Hey tofuconfetti (actually had tofu tonite)!

Thanks for your posts. I am running a very similar system: same board, same GTX960, just the i6700 non-k. Today I got pretty much everything I need up and running using the iMac 14,2 profile.
Since I wanted to go to 17,1 I tried following your guide, but something seems off... here's what I've done:

• My system already runs on 3440x1440 using the latest nVidia web drivers that fit my OS X version
  • I went to /EFI/Clover/config.plist to find my board-ID, which I did: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
  • however, when I search for my board ID in here: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist I only find it once and the entry <string>Config2</string> is already set to 'none'. So I assumed there was no work for me to do here.
  • I then opened Multibeast and set the system to 17,1 (did NOT reboot, yet)
  • I then cleared the System cache using Onyx (have no clue about Terminal)
On reboot, however, I get the black screen. Of course, once I reboot using nv_disable=1 and then set the system in multibeast back to 14,2 everything is back to normal.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks!

Have you run into any issues with your RAM? I am putting together a VERY similar build, and El Capitan is reading all of my 16GB mods as 8GB.
Hello!

Adding my +1 to this. I've had the same problem with my GA-Z170X-UD5 TH board. I've 4 sticks of Ballistix Elite 32 GB Kit (8 GB x 4) DDR4 2666 that is being detected as 4x4GB of 3200MHz DDR4

The answer might be further on in this thread, but I just wanted to offer that my TH mobo is doing it, too.

As an aside, Thunderbolt isn't working, and the audio is being weird; All the input and output devices are listed, but audio can't always be heard. When it is, it's when the output is set to internal speaker.

I have very similar setup. Would just add. Work checking the darkwake=8 option on the Boot menu in Clover Configurator. This seems to fix audio sleep/wake problems on this board.

Hi! I'm on day 2 of a my first ever Hackintosh build with the TH(underbolt) version of the Gigabyte UD5 mobo, and I suspect I'm having the same audio issue. It's been sporadic, and I've not been sure why. Saying it's a sleep related issue sounds like it is the cause. I've told my OSX to not put the machine to sleep. It still sleeps the monitor, and it generally requires a power cycle to get my display back, but the machine still responds, so that's not too bad, if not perfect. Also, the line out sound that I've connected to my amp is listed as Internal Speaker. Is that common?

Actually, while I'm here, I'll list my other issues (though I should probably make a new post - I dunno, I'm new here!)

1. I've also got the memory issue, with it reporting my 4x8GB sticks as 4x4GB

2. I've installed the Nvidia drivers correctly (and I am getting the native UHD res out of my Samsung monitor (via DisplayPort) but, in the Nvidia Driver Manager sysprefs pane, it still says it's using the OS X Default Graphics Driver. I've got nvda_drv=1 in my boot args, so I don't know which driver it's actually using. I ran the Heaven GPU benchmark and it did terribly.

3. No Thunderbolt. Either before or after running the Gigabyte TB firmware updater in Windows.

and the most annoying:

4. I have to reboot twice to get to the AMI bios. The first time, I ALWAYS get the led error message 62 on the mobo, which the manual reports as "Installation of PCH Runtime Services". Google-fu suggests an issue with my GTX970 GPU. Not sure what, if anything, is to be done about that.

OK, apologies for vomiting this enormous reply to your comment, which I originally intended to be a "yeah, me too!" message!

Any help you can offer, I'd greatly appreciate!

I had these issues with RAM and fixed them by downgrading the Board BIOS to F5. The latest ones (F6f) created issues. Actually I just downloaded all the BIOS upgrades and tried each one: F5 was in my case the only one which worked. Hope that helps

Uh oh...me again!

My mobo is the Thunderbolt variant of the card, and it came with the F4 BIOS version. The F5 ver firmware addresses an issue with XMP memory mode (which, when enabled, won't let me boot anything) available for this mobo, and I've installed it. The "half RAM" issue remains.

Hi. Same equipment as tofuconfetti. I followed all the instructions to a Tee and everything was fine until I loaded the nvidia drivers. Now I can't log in no matter what I try. Everything gets me a black screen. Any tips on logging in so I can try uninstalling the nvidia drivers? Any tips on logging in? After the clover boot screen it just goes black. I've tried nv_disable=1, safe mode...

Hi, sanfordcisco. I had the black screen thing happen to me, with my first build.

It was because I really only skimmed the instructions in the original post of this thread...Mea culpa.

If you follow the instructions to the letter, it's fine. It's messy, but when you install the nvidia web drivers, you have to leave the installer sitting at the "RESTART SYSTEM" button at the end of the install.

Then you have to go and edit the nightmare info.plist file at the end of the nightmare path /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents

Once you save that file (which is tricky, as you can't open it with textedit, you need to use a terminal text editor), THEN you reboot, and it should be fine.

If I've missed any steps out, it's because I'm both tired and stupid. A cleverer person could probably fix your setup, but you'd be better off just doing a clean install. The fact that your post is over 5 weeks old suggests you've probably done so already...

Hopefully, this will benefit others.

finally got everything to work, dvi port seems to not work correctly....hackintosh restart 3 times before it boot to el capitan...any idea why?

Did anyone get Ethernet working for this board? I've tried both IntelMausiInternet and AppleIntelE1000e kexts in the EFI volume to no avail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back