Contribute
Register

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-UD5 Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download and install the Nvidia drivers for 11.4 (if that is what you are installing) or 11.5 if your installer is built on that.
Install them, then edit this file -

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

as instructed in the reference article.

Question: When you followed the instructions in the reference you provided in the Quote above, did you make the single change of your board-id to "none" in your plist file, or did you also make some of the other changes described in that same reference?

The information you are sharing is VERY helpful. This weekend I plan to start my build with same motherboard and processor, but 16 Gb Corsiar Ram and EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+.

Thank you very much--Jim

Question: When you followed the instructions in the reference you provided in the Quote above, did you make the single change of your board-id to "none" in your plist file, or did you also make some of the other changes described in that same reference?

The information you are sharing is VERY helpful. This weekend I plan to start my build with same motherboard and processor, but 16 Gb Corsiar Ram and EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+.

Thank you very much--Jim

I personally tried making the change for my specific board-id, then when that didn't work I set the rest of them to none as well.

So I did a fresh install, but instead followed the main installation walkthrough for 10.11.5 in the installation guide for tonymacx86, and it worked perfectly with 3 displays (dvi-i -> hdmi, hdmi -> hdmi, displayport -> hdmi). :clap::headbang::thumbup:

So I did a fresh install, but instead followed the main installation walkthrough for 10.11.5 in the installation guide for tonymacx86, and it worked perfectly with 3 displays (dvi-i -> hdmi, hdmi -> hdmi, displayport -> hdmi). :clap::headbang::thumbup:

BSell,

Can you provide the specific link within tonymacx86 that you followed? I have so many bookmarked that I don't want to speculate on which walkthrough I think you followed. Also, what, if any, additional steps did you incorporate beyond those in the guide?

Thank you--Jim

Hi there!
I'm bulding a new PC to use in pro audio, this motherboard have thunderbolt connection and it is my real need in my work.
Do you have already tested thunderbolt connection with some audio interface (with thunderbolt)?
Have you fix the RAM problem (detect 16GB RAM)?
thank you all for sharing.

Daniel

No problem! I appreciate your feedback! That is all I really needed to know! I am trying to do a triple monitor setup, and trying to find a suitable gfx card. I've struck out on two of them so far. Nvidia gtx 970 and amd 380x. Since this seems to be a working GPU (gtx 960) I think I will get that one instead. If you do happen to have a third monitor @carljharris3141 and you do connect it would you mind sharing if three monitors work if that ever does happen. Thanks again!

My apologies for the belated response. Unfortunately don't have easy access to another monitor to test this. Although I don't see any reason why you can't use all the ports. I've tested each port and they all work fine. It's using a native driver from NVIDIA -- it must work on >3 monitors, surely?

Okay perfect. I got that.

I then followed the rest of your directions that you outlined, but I am still having an issue where the display loses signal, and when I run it in verbose mode I get the following error (response):

Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x5e
    -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
AppleINtelPCHPMC::publishedIDPPF - return false

My suspicion is that you need to try another monitor cable. These setups tend to be very sensitive I've found to having good cables. I don't think that the power management issue nor the CPU issue is related to the video problem you're experiencing. In short: on video try other cables. On the power management pls drop me a direct message and I'll send you by BIOS settings (I have to reboot to look them up) -- I think the power management is easy to fix. Finally on the CPU: try different Product Name settings in the Clover Configurator. For example I am using MacPro3,1 as a Product Name in the SMBIOS setting. This seems to be the most stable/mature set of default configurations. This picks up my overclocked Intel 4 Core i7 running at a default of 4.01GHz and then overclocking perfectly well when needed. Using the right BIOS (not the latest one which can have issues, try BIOS F4) and then trying different BIOS settings tends to work. Again if you have the same Board direct message me and I'll send you my settings

Hey Y'All...

For the time being, I am using the on-board video on this motherboard.

Which video drivers should I add in MultiBeast? Right now, I am running without any additional drivers and it's ok, but I do get some strange tearing and color phasing, especially in the grays in the Safari tabs.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back