Contribute
Register

El Capitan on GA-H97N-WIFI (success) - Use Mac 15,1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I will post very soon my config but after having power management trouble with the sleep and my hdmi TV (black screen after wakeup, kernel panic in deep sleep, etc). I did change my MAC SMB to 15,1 and... voila!, even have the Clover Audio script 110 working!

Noticed that:

1 - the boot time is extremely fast when comapred with my old 14,1 or 14,2 system.
2 - Wake up from sleep on the Video driver is instantaneous as soon as I hit the keyboard.
3 - My 4600 video is properly recognized (8086:0412), everything works, even scaling, 1080 res, etc

Will post my clover config later. (I'm at work right now)

Need to:

Enable HDMI audio

Regards,

Hi All,

I will post very soon my config but after having power management trouble with the sleep and my hdmi TV (black screen after wakeup, kernel panic in deep sleep, etc). I did change my MAC SMB to 15,1 and... voila!, even have the Clover Audio script 110 working!

Noticed that:

1 - the boot time is extremely fast when comapred with my old 14,1 or 14,2 system.
2 - Wake up from sleep on the Video driver is instantaneous as soon as I hit the keyboard.
3 - My 4600 video is properly recognized (8086:0412), everything works, even scaling, 1080 res, etc

Will post my clover config later. (I'm at work right now)

Need to:

Enable HDMI audio

Regards,

Does USB 3.0 Works with 3.0 Thumb drives? Check that too. I have similar configuration, only thing I'm missing is HDMI Audio.

Hi!,

I'm missing HDMI audio, too and thumb drivers work with USB3.0 if they are formatted as GPT, still cannot read a FAT32 USB, but USB3.0 speed seems to be working, I got almost maximum performance using an SSD over those ports.

Regards,

Hi!,

I'm missing HDMI audio, too and thumb drivers work with USB3.0 if they are formatted as GPT, still cannot read a FAT32 USB, but USB3.0 speed seems to be working, I got almost maximum performance using an SSD over those ports.

Regards,

For USB 3.0
Did you tried renaming EHC1 to EH01 and your ECH2 to EH02 using clover dsdt patching?

great to hear the news
i'm looking for upgrade my maverick to EI Capitan of my GA-H97N-WIFI too.
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

From the notes we have on the GA-H97N-WIFI, it has 17 USB ports (including both motherboard headers and the Bluetooth card). In the default configuration, you're limited to 15 USB devices, so at least two of the USB ports won't work (or will work for only USB2 or only USB3 devices). Depending on which they are, you may or may not notice.

To work around some ports not functioning fully, you should install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the FakePCIID distribution. If you install to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... (especially on a USB boot drive) then you should be able to boot to it from any port.

If you don't want to install to the Clover directory, you can use e.g. KextBeast to install them to /Library/Extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back