Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7960X
Graphics
AMD Vega Frontier Edition LCS
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like the title says, i have big Problem´s getting NVMe Drive work in Mac OSX.
CloverFolder is ok. (Minimal to install MAC OSX)
I just want to install Mac OSX 10.11.4. I can install Mac OSX to a SATA Device. If i use a patched NVMe.kext and put it in Extra Folder i get KP.

I have installed 2 NVMe Drives. One Samsung SM961 512GB and one Intel 3600P 1200GB. I just want to install Mac OSX on the Intel. Windows 10 is installed on the Samsung SM961. Both Drives are installed in a PCIe to M.2 Adapter. I can install Windows on Both drives so there is no Problem with the Hardware.

If i test NVMeGeneric i get a KP also.

Without the NVME Kext i can boot and start the installer, but NVME Drives not recognized then.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20161023_224052.jpg
    20161023_224052.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 385
Like the title says, i have big Problem´s getting NVMe Drive work in Mac OSX.
CloverFolder is ok. (Minimal to install MAC OSX)
I just want to install Mac OSX 10.11.4. I can install Mac OSX to a SATA Device. If i use a patched NVMe.kext and put it in Extra Folder i get KP.

I have installed 2 NVMe Drives. One Samsung SM961 512GB and one Intel 3600P 1200GB. I just want to install Mac OSX on the Intel. Windows 10 is installed on the Samsung SM961. Both Drives are installed in a PCIe to M.2 Adapter. I can install Windows on Both drives so there is no Problem with the Hardware.

If i test NVMeGeneric i get a KP also.

Without the NVME Kext i can boot and start the installer, but NVME Drives not recognized then.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks in advance

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

I did use exactly this patch. Did work on my Dell 9550. But in this Case i got this KP. Any Ideas how to fix that? Would be nice to use OSX on the NVMe SSD on the Workstation too.

Edit: I could install OS X on my NVMe SSD with the Clover Patch method. But now it is strange. Installer is working fine and all install processes are done successful. If i now boot the fresh installed System it hangs on:

USBMC Identifier (non-unique): MK0709040BE6A0032 0x152d 0x602 0x100, 2 (same Kexts and Config.plist as on the OS X installer, that boots without any Problems)

Did Try USBBusFix=Yes, but didnt help.

How can it be that the install Disk can boot and the installed Version cannot. With the same Settings and Kexts.

Last edited:
Nobody does have an idea how to fix that? Why is the installer running fine while the installed Version with exact config.plist and kexts gives a kernel Panic?

Last edited:
Nobody has an Idea how to fix that? :/

As i understand the KP right, the system has problems to boot from the NVMe Device. If i start another OS X Installation on a SATA SSD i have full access to the NVMe SSD. (same Kext and Config.plist). But at the moment i want to boot from the NVMe SSD the System got problems to access the SSD.

What possibilities are there for getting a working OS X on the NVMe SSD?

As i understand the KP right, the system has problems to boot from the NVMe Device. If i start another OS X Installation on a SATA SSD i have full access to the NVMe SSD. (same Kext and Config.plist). But at the moment i want to boot from the NVMe SSD the System got problems to access the SSD.

What possibilities are there for getting a working OS X on the NVMe SSD?

Read post #2.

Post Number #2 didn't help. Now i tested Sierra and all NVMe Drives working perfect (recognized as external Device). So the Patch for El Capitan is making trouble sometimes... depending on the hardware you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back