Radeon 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Elcapitan gtx960 boot issue & graphics artefact

Hi guys !

I'm pretty new to clover based tools and I'm stuck with an issue with my current build :

GA Z87X UD7 TH, intel i4790k, 16go ddr3 1600 ram, SSD

I managed (after some attempts) to install el capitan via unibeast prepared USB. In the installation I did not plug my gtx960.

I dit the post installation, almost everything was okay. I installed nvidia web drivers for my package.

After some reboot (to test bootloader management) I tried to plug my gtx960. While apple loading bar (before log in screen), I loose display and cannot do anything by hard restart.

Here a screenshot of the verbose boot just before loosing display. Sorry for the blurry pic, but it's a screenshot from a video as it's pretty hard to manage to take a pic of the screen just before everything goes black.

When booting in safe mode, it works. I have some weird graphic artefacts and my gtx960 is recognized but its vram is set to 0.

I'm gonna try booting with nvda_drv=1n but if you have any other ideas, that would be great !

Any idea of the issue I'm experiencing ?

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 23.23.45.jpg
Thanks in advance for your kind support :) :)

UPDATE : I'm gonna try booting with nvda_drv=1n but if you have any other ideas, that would be great !

Last edited:
After few tests, I saw that I still have some graphics issues when booted in safe mode.

Here's a small clip to show the kind of issue I'm experiencing :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7jh9r3a3beo81j/Fichier 27-11-2015 09 00 50.mov?dl=0

As a reminder I'm using a gigabyte Z87X D7H th mobo, 2*8go dd3 ram, some ssd and a gigabyte GTX960 4go.

I'm having some display with GTX960's hdmi but I'm only able to boot (el capitan) in safe mode with those graphic issues.

Hope anyone here has an idea of how to solve my issue :)

Thanks guys !

Did you try using DVI-D port?

I have a GTX 960 2GB with 2 monitors (1 DVI-D and 1HDMI) and that line (sound assertion) last 30 seconds and continue with "error" Missing Bluetooth Transporter after 5 seconds boot normally.

Even after installing again and again WebDriver 346.03.03F02.pkg drivers (for 10.11.1 build), the video seems not to be ok :

Capture d’écran 2015-11-27 à 09.36.49.png

When I try to open the NVIDIA Driver manager from the control panel, I get this error message : "Unable to open the NVIDIA driver manager : please try again or re install NVIDIA web drivers package from NVIDIA website."

I also looked in Library/application support and did not find any trace of nvidia related file/folder ...

Does it means that the GPU drivers fail to install each time ?

For information I'm in safe mode. Does that change anything concernant the installation issue ?

Thanks for your support !

pretty weird update :

I tried to re install the last 10.11.1 web drivers from nvidia (still in safe mode) and did not restart at the end of the installation.

then I was able to open the nvidia driver manager. I kept checked the "use nvidia web driver" radio button instead of the "use OSX default driver".

After rebooting (still in safe mode as it's still impossible to keep display on in normal mode), I could not re open the nvidia driver manager (same error as shown previously).

Is there something wrong using the safe mode for managing graphic driver ?

Or is there something else I'm missing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back