Radeon HD5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,
I have my hack here. As in my sig, I'm running a core i5-4570 with GA-B85M-D3H and a Radeon HD5850. I have been running it on Mavericks for about a year and half. It's always been very stable, never has a kernel panic and everything is working fine. I would love however to have access to the family sharing feature (having a real MacBook Pro on which I bought software).

That being said, I'm testing install of El Capitan on a spare hard drive. So far, I've installed it from a USB 3.0 16GB key. During install it has been plugged into the USB 3.0 port and worked flawlessly. I have applied the El Capitan USB Fix to the EFI partition of this USB key so it would work. After install, El Capitan boots and all is fine, except no audio (and basically nothing that requires the use of Multibeast). At this point, I can eject the USB 3.0 flash drive and replace it for any other USB 3.0 device. They all load. I can also restart and upon reboot all is still fine. After doing my Multibeast post install, something goes wrong and my USB 3.0 stops working completely.

I thought it might have been the system definitions, but wether I try MacPro 3.1, 5.1 or iMac 12.2 or 14.2, the problem is always present. I've also loaded the EFI partition of the boot drive to confirm the USB Fix elements have been copied over from the USB drive and this is good as well.
Anything I am missing?

Thanks
Nick

I am exactly on the same page.
It's SO annoying that it works before applying MultiBeast...

Did anyone solve this issue and knows how? I guess I'm stuck with the same thing...

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back