Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
First of all I am new to this whole hackintosh world, so be kindful for any dumb question or irrelevant information by me.
I installed El Capitan 10.11.5 in UEFI on my Lenovo C360 AIO with unibeast installer usb without any problem and then applied multibeast for clover in EFI partition and also tried options like VoodoHDA v2.8.8, RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1, Intel HD 3000 graphics etc. for drivers.
All I got from this is that now I can boot without unibeast usb but still no luck for audio, WiFi. I haven't checked Ethernet yet.
For my system specs I have attached CPU-Z report from my Windows 10 and system_profiler dump from El Capitan.

Now what my hackintosh is missing:
  1. No audio output device found in System Preferences -> Sound and hence no sound at all.
  2. When Desktop is loaded at startup of El Capitan, screen splashes several times, scrolling in Finder or things where a large part of screen needs to redrawn with relatively complex objects like clicking on docked Applications alias takes time to appear application icons on screen or feel like slow rendering. Another issue that causes me to think about video card problem is that I'm unable to play any video with QuickTime. It just exits immediately.
  3. No Wi-Fi option in network preferences.
  4. Another minor issue is that when I first installed clover on HDD with multibeast, El Capitan wasn't booting without unibeast usb, so I checked in my UEFI boot utility and there was no entry for clover in primary boot sequence but when I was booting with usb I noticed that there were two icons for clover boot options in clover bootloader, one for usb and other for SATA. I used Add clover boot options for all entries in clover boot options of SATA clover options and then I was able to boot without usb. Now problem is that clover automatically takes priority in primary boot sequence of my boot options and put entries above it like usb, dvd etc to excluded entries. I have to manually provide priority to usb when I want to boot from USB otherwise it directly boots with clover even when bootable usb is plugged.
My audio codec is ALC272 and for more details about my sound card I have attached various command outputs from Linux live USB.
I have also attached output of toleda's audiocodecdetect.com file.
Sorry for this long post. Help me.

Attachments

• attachments.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 143
First of all I am new to this whole hackintosh world, so be kindful for any dumb question or irrelevant information by me.
I installed El Capitan 10.11.5 in UEFI on my Lenovo C360 AIO with unibeast installer usb without any problem and then applied multibeast for clover in EFI partition and also tried options like VoodoHDA v2.8.8, RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1, Intel HD 3000 graphics etc. for drivers.
All I got from this is that now I can boot without unibeast usb but still no luck for audio, WiFi. I haven't checked Ethernet yet.
For my system specs I have attached CPU-Z report from my Windows 10 and system_profiler dump from El Capitan.

Now what my hackintosh is missing:
  1. No audio output device found in System Preferences -> Sound and hence no sound at all.
  2. When Desktop is loaded at startup of El Capitan, screen splashes several times, scrolling in Finder or things where a large part of screen needs to redrawn with relatively complex objects like clicking on docked Applications alias takes time to appear application icons on screen or feel like slow rendering. Another issue that causes me to think about video card problem is that I'm unable to play any video with QuickTime. It just exits immediately.
  3. No Wi-Fi option in network preferences.
  4. Another minor issue is that when I first installed clover on HDD with multibeast, El Capitan wasn't booting without unibeast usb, so I checked in my UEFI boot utility and there was no entry for clover in primary boot sequence but when I was booting with usb I noticed that there were two icons for clover boot options in clover bootloader, one for usb and other for SATA. I used Add clover boot options for all entries in clover boot options of SATA clover options and then I was able to boot without usb. Now problem is that clover automatically takes priority in primary boot sequence of my boot options and put entries above it like usb, dvd etc to excluded entries. I have to manually provide priority to usb when I want to boot from USB otherwise it directly boots with clover even when bootable usb is plugged.
My audio codec is ALC272 and for more details about my sound card I have attached various command outputs from Linux live USB.
I have also attached output of toleda's audiocodecdetect.com file.
Sorry for this long post. Help me.
1. For audio if u can't fix it buy an external usb adapter, it is very cheap (Bought for 15dhs here in UAE).
2. Second problem is related to graphics, I don't know Whether you have graphics or full resolution working. (google search and u will find the kexts for hd3000)
3. for wifi also easy fix if drivers are not available (external wifi adapter, its very cheap)

1. For audio if u can't fix it buy an external usb adapter, it is very cheap (Bought for 15dhs here in UAE).
2. Second problem is related to graphics, I don't know Whether you have graphics or full resolution working. (google search and u will find the kexts for hd3000)
3. for wifi also easy fix if drivers are not available (external wifi adapter, its very cheap)
Thanks for your reply.
Whether the external adapters are cheap or not I'm not going to buy them. I don't find this as a good investment and convenient solution as I installed hackintosh on my AIO just for fun and learn more about Mac OS X. I'm happy with my Windows10 and after trying if I don't find any workaround for these problems I'm simply going to replace El Capitan with Linux mint.
And if you looked at system_profiler output my on-board graphics card is recognised by El Capitan and it showing as Intel HD4400 and this is correct and also showing in System Report of System information with my actual display resolution i.e. 1600*900.
I'll be happy enough if somebody can fix my audio, graphics and WiFi can be ignored for now.

Thanks for your reply.
Whether the external adapters are cheap or not I'm not going to buy them. I don't find this as a good investment and convenient solution as I installed hackintosh on my AIO just for fun and learn more about Mac OS X. I'm happy with my Windows10 and after trying if I don't find any workaround for these problems I'm simply going to replace El Capitan with Linux mint.
And if you looked at system_profiler output my on-board graphics card is recognised by El Capitan and it showing as Intel HD4400 and this is correct and also showing in System Report of System information with my actual display resolution i.e. 1600*900.
I'll be happy enough if somebody can fix my audio, graphics and WiFi can be ignored for now.
Its up to you, Fixing everything is not that easy. Hackintosh is lots of trials and errors. If your speed management is working, you can stick on OS X, otherwise.. yes linux would be a good alternative.

Post your audio codec, as well as your Wifi card. I can see it in the attachment, but it would be better if you told me the model name.

If all these solutions don't work, then you can just use VoodooHDA for audio.

Last edited:
Post your audio codec, as well as your Wifi card. I can see it in the attachment, but it would be better if you told me the model name.

If all these solutions don't work, then you can just use VoodooHDA for audio.
My audio codec is Realtek HD Audio ALC272 and Wi-Fi card is Atheros AR956x.
And I had tried with VoodooHDA in multibeast but no success.

Last edited:
I have the same problems, except the graphics. I have no audio, wifi, and keyboard not working too. My Wi-Fi card is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back