MSI Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a known issue with my new El Capitan installation:

When I try to boot the OS from my hard drive, the monitor shows "No signal" after the Apple boot logo. I'm not able to reach the login screen, otherwise the system seems to boot up just fine, no visible kernel panics or anything. I looked for different solutions but unfortunately none have worked so far. I've also gotten several other versions of OSX to run on my system before, so it shouldn't be impossible in terms of system specs.

Things I've tried:
- Booting with bootflag "nv_disable=1": I am getting an image but this obviously is no acceptable permanent condition.
- Trying different DVI ports and monitors. Also replugging the monitor during the "no signal" screen.

The strange thing is when I leave the installation USB stick plugged in, the OS boots up just fine and the monitor receives a signal (I am using the hard drive's bootloader not the USB's).
I got a Nvidia GTX 660 Ti and no on-board-graphics port.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: Sorry, added extended system specs to profile.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I added my system information, thanks for the tip.

InjectNvidia=False in Clover?

I have tried both settings, neither did work.
But I did get it to work by doing something I should have tried earlier: Since booting with the USB stick worked, it had to do something with a different configuration on USB and hard drive.
So I simply replaced "config.plist" from the hard drive (/Volumes/EFI/CLOVER) with the one on the USB stick (Guide for anyone who wants to know how to mount the hidden EFI partition).

There were a few differences between the config files but I think the most important differences were:
- FixHPET_0010 = true instead of false
- FixIPIC_0040 = true
instead of false
- CsrActiveConfig = 0x3
instead of 0x11
- InjectKexts = Detect instead of YES

If anyone needs to check the differences between two text files you can use websites like diffchecker.com.

I have tried both settings, neither did work.
But I did get it to work by doing something I should have tried earlier: Since booting with the USB stick worked, it had to do something with a different configuration on USB and hard drive.
So I simply replaced "config.plist" from the hard drive (/Volumes/EFI/CLOVER) with the one on the USB stick (Guide for anyone who wants to know how to mount the hidden EFI partition).

There were a few differences between the config files but I think the most important differences were:
- FixHPET_0010 = true instead of false
- FixIPIC_0040 = true
instead of false
- CsrActiveConfig = 0x3
instead of 0x11
- InjectKexts = Detect instead of YES

If anyone needs to check the differences between two text files you can use websites like diffchecker.com.

I had same issue as you and get black screen when try to boot from HD for post installation. Can you please guide me how to change hard disk config.plist. Thanks

I had same issue as you and get black screen when try to boot from HD for post installation. Can you please guide me how to change hard disk config.plist. Thanks

Well, my solution only works if you are able to access the hard drive somehow. My setup booted fine if I left the installation USB stick plugged in so I copied the config.plist file then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back