Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Vivobook S410U (Clover)
CPU
i7 8550U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920 x 1080
I install El Capitan on my ASUS Q501LA following instructions on this page. After installation completed the machine reboot and OS X start without much issues. The only problem i detect so far is that the mic is not working. Internal speaker works fine but mic doesn't. From this big list of solutions i follow this link and try the audio_codecdetect_v1.7a command and it produce the following output:

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.7a

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec

Device: Not supported

Realtek: 0x10ec0282

OS X/10.11.6 Onboard Audio

Device: HDEF@1B

Audio ID: Not supported

Current Audio ID: 28 (valid: 1, 2, or 3)

FIX, try:

1. https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/

ssdt_hdef-1-with_ioreg/hdef.zip (or -2 or -3, select View Raw)

2. CLOVER/config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 (or 2 or 3)

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.
From that i can presume that my audio card is a ALC282 and it seems it is not supported by the solutions provided by tolled here. I have tried the solution proposed by McShmoopy in this thread but with no luck (I even crash OS X and have to remove the kext installed and the patch).

Additionally i follow the instructions on the output of the audio_codecdetect command with no luck.

If you need more information please do not hesitate and ask it. Also forgive me if i'm a little lost with this, is my first time building a mackintosh.

Have a good day

Internal or external mic?

Sorry for not been more specific. Its the internal mic. Although i haven't the chance to test connecting an external one.

Sorry for not been more specific. Its the internal mic. Although i haven't the chance to test connecting an external one.

If you don't see it in SysPrefs->Sound->Input, perhaps the patched AppleHDA you're using does not take into account the internal mic... It is something that must be specifically coded into the XML (layout/platforms) files.

The mic appear on SysPrefs->Sound->Input but it doesn't detect sound (the bar below doesn't move). I have tested it previously with Linux and it work fine.

The mic appear on SysPrefs->Sound->Input but it doesn't detect sound (the bar below doesn't move). I have tested it previously with Linux and it work fine.

It is probably a PathMap issue... the pathmap nodes probably do not match your codec. PathMaps are in the Platforms XML.

In order to fix it, you would need to do some reading on AppleHDA patching...

Well i finally solve the problem. It was in fact a PathMap issue RehabMan, thank you very much. It was hard but not impossible.

I solve it using an AppleHDA patching guide. First i start using the AppleHDA kext bundled with the OS X El Capitan installer but every time i restarted the machine the Sound system was missing completely from the settings panel. I think my error was doing the binary patch of the AppleHDA file. Then i try using the kext provided on the original guide for the Asus Q501LA project on Github with the PathMap and Command Verbs result from following the guide at osxlatitude forum and it worked. Attached you can find the original Layout28 and Platforms used by the AppleHDA kext provided at the Github project and the ones builded by myself. The only difference is that i include the LineIn PathMap (18 -> 17) (and as input device on Layout file) and change the Mic path map from (27 -> 35 -> 8) to (27 -> 34 -> 9) on Platforms.xml. I included the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver kext including the Command Verbs i used, the codec_dump.txt generated by the linux command and a details file describing all the intermediate results from following the AppleHDA guide. I hope this could help others. If your laptop like mine is described at the Asus site as Q501LA but is labeled in the back as Q501L then may be this could help you.

RehabMan thanks again. I was trying to find a quick solution but this help me to understand better how my Hackintosh works.

Attachments

• Layout28 from Github.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Working Layout28.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Info.plist
    31.9 KB · Views: 239
  • codec_dump1_dec.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 135
  • codec_dump1.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 147
  • details1.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi RehabMan. I post a reply on this thread and i would like to access the attached files. It appear that it is waiting moderation. Is there any way i can access those files?

Hi RehabMan. I post a reply on this thread and i would like to access the attached files. It appear that it is waiting moderation. Is there any way i can access those files?

I edited your post to remove the offfending link. The site you mentioned openly promotes piracy...

Avoid posting links that do that as it is against the rules of this site: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Sorry, didn't know that. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back