Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
This is my first Hacintosh, and after much reading and learning from you guys I got it to work almost perfectly (except for a VIDIA drivers issue every time it updates - I'll get to that in a separate post eventually).

I now have a sleep problem. Since day 1 my Hackintosh sleep/wake worked perfectly. But a couple of weeks ago, after a crash, it doesn't go to sleep any more. No new hardware. If I put it to sleep, the monitor does sleep, but the computer never does.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hello gab69, I saw your post and I thought I would check on something. Do you use USB drives? I am experiencing an issue on a Z97 board and El Capitan 10.11.6 where removing a USB drive when the machine is turned off will break auto-sleep.
The fix in my case is as follows.

1 Plug in all your USB drives and then Eject them.
2 Reboot
3 Restore Defaults in Energy Saver, then adjust as necessary for your machine (I uncheck Enable Power Nap and Wake for Network Access).
4 Reboot
5 Wait for machine to sleep.
6 If machine auto-sleeps successfully plug your USB drives back in and should now auto-sleep correctly unless a drive is removed when machine is shutdown.

This may not be why your machine is not sleeping but if you use USB drives it is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back