Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I want to install a fresh version of 10.11 on my now 10.10 clover system. I created the USB like this:

- terminal command to copy installer to usb
- install clover for uefi only 64bit with EmuVariable, OsxAptioFixDrv and PartitionDxe
- replace vboxhfs with hfsplus
- place fakesmc and realtek kext in 10.11 kexts folder (also tried 'other' folder)
- in config plist, change csractiveconfig value to 0x3 (also tried with original value)
- in config plist, fill in fresh generated SN, SmUUID, MLB values
- tried booting with and without rootless=0

When booting from USB, clover shows. I select the installer, the apple logo shows and after 2 sec the screen flashes black and the PC reboots. When booting verbose (with or without cache), the crash happens at line 3, which looks like this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When using Vboxhfs instead of hfsplus, it takes a couple of seconds longer for the crash to occur, however in verbose it still crashes at the same step. I updated my UEFI yesterday and made sure all my settings were correct for hackintosh, my current 10.10 install boots flawlessly so I think my UEFI is not the problem.

What am I doing wrong/how can I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: My specs:
- i3 4330
- MSI H87i-Ac
- 8GB ddr3-1600 (2x4gb)
- internal graphics via DP on 1920x1080
- 840 evo 120GB

I don't recall hearing of a reboot that early in the boot process.

Did you use the latest version of Clover?

Do you have a DSDT for your board? If so put it on the USB (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/)

Do you have inject intel set to true in config.plist?

Can you try putting the install USB in all the different USB ports on your machine (front and back) and see if any of them work better?

I don't recall hearing of a reboot that early in the boot process.

Did you use the latest version of Clover?

Do you have a DSDT for your board? If so put it on the USB (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/)

Do you have inject intel set to true in config.plist?

Can you try putting the install USB in all the different USB ports on your machine (front and back) and see if any of them work better?

Upgraded from 3270 to 3280, no result

USB ports, no result

Inject intel set from false to true, no result

I dont have a DSDT

Im baffled :(

when you tried to place kext into "other" folder, did you remove all 10.x folders except for "other ?

I'm running out of ideas. Try the install USB in all the different USB ports on your system? Even that's a stretch because I've never heard of anyone crashing so early in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back