Graphics
HD5500, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have been having so much trouble trying to convert my laptop into a hackintosh with OS X El Capitan.

I have a Dell Inspiron 7548 Laptop
6GB DDR3L
Intel Core i5 5200U Broadwell
Intel HD Graphics 5500, 1920x1080

So, I got an App Store copy of OS X 10.11, and installed Unibeast. I created my flashdrive. (When it asked me to configure graphics, I didn't choose anything. For the option that said "Intel HD 3000", I skipped it because it said "Desktop system" and i'm trying to install OS X 10.11 on a laptop. And I dont have 3000,I have 5500.)
Then, I rebooted my computer to boot from USB. I click install Mac OS X. When I click it, i shows a screen that says something like "OSXAptioFixDrv.efi Starting overrides for System\Library\Coreservices\boot.efi -- using reloc block:no hibernate wake:no, and the bunch of plus signs.

I tried installing without caches or injected kexts, that didn't work. I also to install it normally, and that also didn't work. Please help me. I just want to bang my head through a wall right now. :banghead:

OK, thanks. :)

When I booted into the EFI Shell of my pen drive, I executed setup_var 0x1c3 0x3. But I was wondering if I should've pu 0x4 (128MB of Video ram). Because I don't have 96 or 64MB. But I did 0x3 and it said it was successful. :p Then, when I tried logging into my laptop, it showed the loading circle, then froze. Then gave me a blue screen of death that said, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I thought that was because I changed the dedicated video memory. So, I booted back into the UEFI Shell, and typed the same command. But instead I put 0x4 instead of 0x3. It said success again, and I booted into the login screen. When I logged into my account (By the way, I'm running Windows 8.1) it froze again! I don't know what to do.

When I booted into the EFI Shell of my pen drive, I executed setup_var 0x1c3 0x3. But I was wondering if I should've pu 0x4 (128MB of Video ram). Because I don't have 96 or 64MB. But I did 0x3 and it said it was successful. :p Then, when I tried logging into my laptop, it showed the loading circle, then froze. Then gave me a blue screen of death that said, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I thought that was because I changed the dedicated video memory. So, I booted back into the UEFI Shell, and typed the same command. But instead I put 0x4 instead of 0x3. It said success again, and I booted into the login screen. When I logged into my account (By the way, I'm running Windows 8.1) it froze again! I don't know what to do.

You need to be very careful when changing these UEFI variables. Change back to default.

Note: This site is for OS X, not Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back