Contribute
Register

el capitan installation incomplete error

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i noticed just now! i ran it again and went afk for some time.. when i came back tada, the main drive was in the list!

lol i noticed just now! i ran it again and went afk for some time.. when i came back tada, the main drive was in the list!
nice!

Osx just booted! :D
It only works though from the usb stick, wich gives the hfs and recovery partitions as boot options.
Without the stick it goes straight to bios.
How can i fix this so it will boot without the usb stick?

Osx just booted! :D
It only works though from the usb stick, wich gives the hfs and recovery partitions as boot options.
Without the stick it goes straight to bios?
How can i fix this so it will boot without the usb stick?

copy your working efi folder from your usb to your main drive efi

It worked! its booting from ssd now (sort of )
I am still without ethernet (realtek 8111G and sound, and there is some kind of unable to reboot / boot issue going on.

While i was trying to fix this by copying a realtek 8111G kext to the EFI folder, i noticed that the system does not reboot, nor even after full shutdown.
I am not sure if i tried rebooting before i added the realtek kext, but i removed it again from the efi folder.

It will hang on the asus logo and unable to get into bios.
I seem to have to remove the ssd data cable, then restart, reset (system will then boot into bios again)
Then reconnect the ssd and then the system boots past bios and into clover and el capitan.

Could it be caused by fakeSMC, lilu and whatevergreen all in the EFI folder? or more likely because of the old efi listings still in bios?
And is it possible at all even to add extra kexts to the EFI folder after the installation?

It worked! its booting from ssd now (sort of )
I am still without ethernet (realtek 8111G and sound, and there is some kind of unable to reboot / boot issue going on.

While i was trying to fix this by copying a realtek 8111G kext to the EFI folder, i noticed that the system does not reboot, nor even after full shutdown.
I am not sure if i tried rebooting before i added the realtek kext, but i removed it again from the efi folder.

It will hang on the asus logo and unable to get into bios.
I seem to have to remove the ssd data cable, then restart, reset (system will then boot into bios again)
Then reconnect the ssd and then the system boots past bios and into clover and el capitan.

Could it be caused by fakeSMC, lilu and whatevergreen all in the EFI folder? or more likely because of the old efi listings still in bios?
And is it possible at all even to add extra kexts to the EFI folder after the installation?
zip and upload your clover folder

Here is the EFI, i put zero'd out the uuid and serial in the plist config

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    16.7 MB · Views: 94
I put the intel on false, and it boots after resetting pc and power off and resetting again, and connecting ssd again but then came the the same issue, after shutting down it doesnt reboot past the asus logo, untill i do this whole resetting +power cycle procedure.
Its not instability i think since i can reproduce it and so far always has the same result.
With a windows disk i didnt have any reboot / start issues on this pc.

I put the intel on false, and it boots after resetting pc and power off and resetting again, and connecting ssd again but then came the the same issue, after shutting down it doesnt reboot past the asus logo, untill i do this whole resetting +power cycle procedure.
Its not instability i think since i can reproduce it and so far always has the same result.
With a windows disk i didnt have any reboot / start issues on this pc.
this can solve a lot of issues:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back