Contribute
Register

El Capitan Installation Error, Backtrace (CPU 6) Frame : Return Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this config.
Sincere thanks for even making a config.plist for me, but im sorry to said it still failed. still got the same error as before except this time it was backtrace CPU 3 return address etc. (seems like a different CPU # every time o_O)
Not entirely sure where to go from here...

Sincere thanks for even making a config.plist for me, but im sorry to said it still failed. still got the same error as before except this time it was backtrace CPU 3 return address etc. (seems like a different CPU # every time o_O)
Not entirely sure where to go from here...

Try OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2.

HFSplus.efi and NVRamEmulator.efi in drivers section ? Also please note that on some motherboards the BIOS will take a few restarts in order to populate the NVRam properly, my ASUS board is a real pain for this at times

Martin

HFSplus.efi and NVRamEmulator.efi in drivers section ? Also please note that on some motherboards the BIOS will take a few restarts in order to populate the NVRam properly, my ASUS board is a real pain for this at times

Martin
I don't have NVRamEmulator.efi... Can't seem to find a download either. You have a link?

Sorry me bad - It's called EmuVariableUEFI in the clover Drivers64 or if you are using Clover Configurator you will fined it in the install drivers option

Martin

Sorry me bad - It's called EmuVariableUEFI in the clover Drivers64 or if you are using Clover Configurator you will fined it in the install drivers option

Martin
Checked and those are there. Decided to completely format USB and reinstall clover just to see if there was any change and now I get this problem with CPU power management. Tried installing NullCPUPowerManagement kext, but no change...

Attachments

• 14738691843742000025118.jpg
    14738691843742000025118.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 88
Okay, let me just check with how you create your USB ....

Insert blank USB pen drive and partition it as 1 single partition formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Insert Apple store purchased SnowLeopard 10.6.3 into DVD drive
Restore Snow Leopard Install DVD to USB pen drive
Install Clover to USB (I prefer UEFI only but whatever floats your boat is fine Just adjust drivers to suit your install method)
Remove Vmware.efi and add HFSplus.efi or HfsPlusUEFI depending on your install clover method from Extra Drivers with CC
Then add from the Drivers UEFI selection DataHubDxe, EmuVariableUefi, OsxAptioFix2Drv and finally PartitionDxe

The only two kexts you should need are FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement

BIOS settings should be defaults followed by:
  • Vt-d off
  • CSM Enabled
  • Legacy and Uefi Boot enabled
  • Legacy USB Enabled
If you have done UEFI Clover Boot USB, then restart PC, press F12 I think it is on Gigabyte boards and boot from your UEFI Snow Leopard.

That should get you through the whole installation process

Martin

Okay, let me just check with how you create your USB ....

Insert blank USB pen drive and partition it as 1 single partition formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Insert Apple store purchased SnowLeopard 10.6.3 into DVD drive
Restore Snow Leopard Install DVD to USB pen drive
Install Clover to USB (I prefer UEFI only but whatever floats your boat is fine Just adjust drivers to suit your install method)
Remove Vmware.efi and add HFSplus.efi or HfsPlusUEFI depending on your install clover method from Extra Drivers with CC
Then add from the Drivers UEFI selection DataHubDxe, EmuVariableUefi, OsxAptioFix2Drv and finally PartitionDxe

The only two kexts you should need are FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement

BIOS settings should be defaults followed by:
  • Vt-d off
  • CSM Enabled
  • Legacy and Uefi Boot enabled
  • Legacy USB Enabled
If you have done UEFI Clover Boot USB, then restart PC, press F12 I think it is on Gigabyte boards and boot from your UEFI Snow Leopard.

That should get you through the whole installation process

Martin

I think your off a bit, I'm not trying to install snow leopard, I'm installing el Capitan, and I'm not doing it from a DVD, I have a MacBook air that I downloaded the OS from the appstore and mounted it with unibeast....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back