Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Hey guys, this is my third hackintosh attempt, and like every other time, i've run into problems. I successfully mounted El Capitan to a 32GB USB 3.0, but I have it in a USB 2.0 slot, with USB 3.0 disable in the bios, since I hear it causes problems. That being said clover bootloader loads fine, but when i try to run mac off the USB i get many errors. I've installed OSX on this same system before(with an older version of mac) but those bootflags wont work anymore (they were npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 and dart=0 )

The error I get now using those flags is:

This system is:

Intel 4820k
LGA 2011 Gigabyte X79-UD4
Nvidia GTX 760

I've tried these bootflags together, seperate, and almost in every combination to no avail...

dart=0, npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRoot=1, GraphicsEnabler=yes, GraphicsEnabler=no, maxmem=4096

I honestly have no idea what to do...Help is much appreciated!

GraphicsEnabler=yes / GraphicsEnabler=no should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes / GraphicsEnabler=No
But they are for the Chimera boot loader and have no effect in Clover.

GraphicsEnabler=yes / GraphicsEnabler=no should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes / GraphicsEnabler=No
But they are for the Chimera boot loader and have no effect in Clover.
OK, that makes sense why those had no effect then. Other than that any idea what's wrong?

OK, that makes sense why those had no effect then. Other than that any idea what's wrong?

Which guide are you following ? What makes you think that you needed any of these boot arguments ?
npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRoot=1, GraphicsEnabler=yes, GraphicsEnabler=no, maxmem=4096

Which guide are you following ? What makes you think that you needed any of these boot arguments ?
Basically assuming from what I did on the previous install, searching the web for similar situations, and overall trial and error. Without any flags I get this...

Attachments

• 14738034856192065474176.jpg
    14738034856192065474176.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 192
Basically assuming from what I did on the previous install, searching the web for similar situations, and overall trial and error. Without any flags I get this...
If you are sticking at PCI Configuration Begin then you may well need npci=0x3000.

If you are sticking at PCI Configuration Begin then you may well need npci=0x3000.
Right. With that boot flag only I get

Attachments

• 14738039967561736454784.jpg
    14738039967561736454784.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 228
USB problem - Check your BIOS settings.
I don't know what USB problems there would be. I followed the El Capitan Installation guide here on the site for the BIOS instructions and loaded optimized defaults, selected other OS, XHCI Handoff enabled, and even tried with USB 3.0 enabled and disabled, but get the same error. My Mobo doesnt have VT-d of CFG-Lock.

What else could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back