Contribute
Register

El Capitan Installation Error, Backtrace (CPU 6) Frame : Return Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you said you had snow leopard and was wanting to upgrade to El-Cap and that you had stuffed up your snow leopard in the process and was trying to install it again - my mistake ... sorry

Martin

Almost at the point of giving up. Just don't know what to do...

My efi folder is too large to post here, send me a PM with your email address and i can send you my El-Cap but you will probably still have to mess with it, remove and add kexts etc

Martin

My efi folder is too large to post here, send me a PM with your email address and i can send you my El-Cap but you will probably still have to mess with it, remove and add kexts etc

Martin
:| I actually can't PM, tonymacx86 says I havn't posted enough times yet...

Don't know why this Mobo has such problems, but I've seen many people who have had difficulties

Martin

Please read the Rules :
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

If your EFI folder is too big you should remove non essential items like themes and zip it before uploading.

x79 board should be easy though socket 2011 so SMBios = 6,1
If your processor is sandybridge then there are problems but it it's ivy it should just do a straight install with NullCPUPowerManagement - You have to tart around with the AICPM version, but my efi has already been done, so hopefully it will work on yours, you will need to remove my dsdt and ssdt but keep ssdt-2

Martin

P1LGRIM - will I be allowed to post up my EFI Folder one folder at a time for him ?

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back