CPU
Intel Core i3-4160 3,60 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT730
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I try to install El capitan on my PC but after the first round of the installation I can't boot on my SSD as my computer keeps en rebooting. (This is a fresh installation and not an upgrade to be specific)

Here is my configuration:
NVIDIA GeForce GT730
Intel Core i3-4160 3,60 GHz
Gigabyte H81M-HD3
2 rows of 4GB RAM

I prepared my bootable USB with UniBeast (6.2.0 version) and followed the steps as it is written on the installation guide.
I configured my BIOS with the optimized settings and disabled the secure boot.
So far no issue to boot with the key and to launch the installation and after the first loading I formatted my SSD to install the OS on it. The first round got OK and then I clicked "restart". And after that, as I said I can't finish the installation. First I have the screen with the Apple logo and loading bar, then a white screen with a loading bar in the left bottom corner and then a black screen and the PC restarts. I precise that no command line or "kernel panic" appears on the screen, it just reboots over and over.

I tried to do the installation with only one row of RAM but the result was the same.

I thank you in advance if you can help me!!!!

Last edited:
Bump!

I'm having an identical problem. Did you fix yours?

Hi, I solved my problem by first booting in safe and verbose mode and after that I could complete the installation. But if you have the reboot loop you might be not able to boot normally as you may have a problem with your graphic card or another device.

I had to withdraw my graphic card because it couldn't boot with the proper kext.

Hold on you n safe mode from USB before installation or from the system drive after installation?

I've got an EVGA Geforce graphics card so it shouldn't have too many issues...

I have seen the same issue as the original poster during my attempt to install El Capitan on my new Skylake/Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI system. I have the additional fatal issue of my Unibeast 6.2.0 USB now failing to be seen (even by my BIOS). Also my Clover install log states that I installed a "Legacy" rather than a "UEFI" version instead of the UEFI version which I clicked and verified.

On top of all that, "EFI MounterV3" will not mount the EFI partition; "AppleEventHandler Failed." Error is "-10000." I tried the "Edit" button, and saw the program listing. But if I press "Run," another error appears saying the program exits with a "non-zero status." I have no idea what this means, except that I cannot mount any EFI partition using my Skylake hardware.

Hold on you n safe mode from USB before installation or from the system drive after installation?

I've got an EVGA Geforce graphics card so it shouldn't have too many issues...

No only for the first boot on the SSD. Actually, the system reboots because he encounters a kernel panic or something that can't allow it to boot normally (thx captain obvious). The first thing to do is to boot in verbose mode to see what's wrong.

Alright! This was massively helpful. I'm actually typing this from my computer.

But Because I'm in safe mode I can't make any EFI adjustments, including installing anything via multicast, andI still can't boot outside of safe mode.

Thanks for your help though man.

I'm glad I could help. What does the verbose say when you boot?

I've now fixed that problem, and can boot normally. If I go into the Graphics Injector bit of Clover and set Inject Nvidia to on and create a bogus FakeId it runs okay. but I'm in the process of figuring out too what extent that is screwing with he graphical output of my Geforce 740. For one thing, I can't change the Resolution output when connected by VGA to my TV, and because I don't have a Mini HDMI cable yet, I can't test any other options.

It's fun. So much fun.

@Bucketydan,

I understand! In my case, I am "rebuilding" my 4th-gen 4770K/GA-H87N-WIFI computer to try to get Yosemite going, so that I can once more make a Unibeast USB, to once more install El Capitan on my 6th-gen Skylake GA-170N-WIFI setup. Circles within circles... and I will still have no way of mounting the Skylake's EFI partition to see what else I need. "Rehabman" (or "ammulder") needs to fix EFI MounterV3 so that it runs on a Skylake system.

If it weren't for my PPC PowerMac G5, I couldn't even write this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back