Contribute
Register

El Capitan Install SUCCESS with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows on a separate drive.

Reinstall OS X and Clover in UEFI and install Windows in UEFI. You can mount the iso image in OS X and just drag its contents to the Pen drive.

Last night, in anticipation of this, I made a unibeast install selecting UEFI instead of Legacy. Will that work just as well as dragging the iso image to the USB stick? Also, I made a windows 10 install disk last week. Would I be able to install from that?

Last night, in anticipation of this, I made a unibeast install selecting UEFI instead of Legacy. Will that work just as well as dragging the iso image to the USB stick? Also, I made a windows 10 install disk last week. Would I be able to install from that? Also, how would I set the BIOS settings?

Create Unibeast Pen drive in UEFI. and install. For Windows you can simply mount the iso in OS X and drag all the files to the pen drive. Make sure that BIOS is set to UEFI not legacy.

Drag the Windows iso into the USB drive? And also, just to be clear before I do this, this is under the CMS section of the BIOS?

Drag the Windows iso into the USB drive? And also, just to be clear before I do this, this is under the CMS section of the BIOS?

No. Mount the iso you've downloaded from Microsoft and drag its (contents to the Pen Drive). For UEFI booting, look under BIOS features and change settings to UEFI.

i have the same config
same motherboard + gt640 + capitan + samsing 500gb evo 850
and my hackintosh dont boot after sleep, only black screen :(

HI Guys, I have a z77-ds3h ver 1.1 with an GT660 graphics card. I have already install ML previously with chameleon and had got the network and hdmi audio working fine. I've decided to try El Capitano out on another hd incase I struggled :)

I've followed the advice above and installed El Capitano. I am struggling to get the network working. It worked first boot prior to installing multibeast with the unibeast pen drive in. I then followed the tutorial but selected the network option in multibeast for AtherosE2200Ethernet as I had read in another post that it worked. It did not. I then reran multibeast with no network option and used efi mounter and copied AtherosL1cEthernet.kext across and used Clover configurator to inject kext like requested.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get the network to work.

Can anyone offer some advice?

When I pop the old ML hard drive back in everything is fine.

Ended up simply reinstalling el capitano with unibeast and the network re-worked :)

It's working to me but the Ethernet shows only 100BaseT and not 1000baseT, the Atheros chip is not working in Gigabit mode. Does anybody know why?

El Capitan Install SUCCESS with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H!!

El Capitan installed and is working nearly perfectly, (when the is awaken from sleep audio no longer works - I'll fix that at a later date). Here is the short and sweet of what I did to get the install working, this is the result of a lot of searching, reading, learning a titbit of info and searching and reading more. As you go through this you will need to search tonymacx86 for more detailed instructions:

My system is a basic 2012 Custo-Mac build with the following:

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
MoBo - GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Mem - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
GPU - EVGA GeForce GT 640 DirectX 12 (feature level 11_0) 02G-P4-2645-KR 2GB 128-Bit DDR3
Root drv - SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA
Data drv - Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0
Blue Ray - LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R

Items added later:
Mem - 8GB PNY DDR3 single stick
USB - USB 3.0 dual port PCI card
Data Drv - Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drive
Backup Drv - Samsung 750GB drive

DownLoad the following and have them on a USB stick.

1. Clover Configurator - tonymacx86.com downloads
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=276
2. Audio driver: audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/138882-toleda-has-made-patching-audio-clover-easy-v2.html
3. Atheros Driver: AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...z77-ds3h-rev-1-1-ethernet-fix-alxethernet.zip
4. EFI Mounter-v2.app - v3 did not work for me.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=220
5 Gigabyte site for BIOS download: BIOS download will need to be extracted first.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4147&dl=1&RWD=0#bios
6. Keka - for extracting the BIOS in a Windows self extracting archive.
http://www.kekaosx.com/en/

After attempting to install El Capitan several times and getting weird errors, that have been enumerated else where on this site, I found a post that recommended I strip the system down to the bare custo-mac essentials and leave only the root Drive. Once done, I followed Tony's UniBeast install. For the build I selected UEFI Mode only. Closer, but stil no joy. Another search revealed that the BIOS should be updated. Forgot about the BIOS and I was pretty far behind - f5. I used the Keka app to extract the EX file from Gigabyte. Next, update the BIOS to version f9. Boot into BIOS and make the following changes:

1. Load Optimized Defaults
2. In Peripherals: SATA Mode Selection set to ACHA
3. That's it.

System config at this point:

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
MoBo - GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Mem - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Root drv - SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA
Blue Ray - LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R

Attempted the UniBeast installed. This time all went as expected up to the MultiBeast install. It is not necessary, I have since learned, to install the GPU, audio or network drivers with MultiBeast, only thing I selected was UEFI Boot Mode. Once the MultiBeast install is complete reboot. The system should boot up into El Capitan.

Two lingering issues, Audio and network:

Use the EFI Mounter-v2.app to mount the EFI partition on your boot drive. Next run the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command to install the correct audio driver - search tonymacx86 for more detailed instructions. Reboot.

Use the EFI mMounter-v2.app to mount the EFI partition on your boot drive. Next copy the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.11 and (this may not be necessary) to /Library/Extensions. Reboot.

Your audio and networking should be functional now.

Finally, run Clover Configurator - search tonymacx86 for more detailed instructions on populating the config.plist. Save your changes. (Call me annual, but I have had problems by not), unmount the EFI partition. Reboot.

Once your system is up and stable, add each extra component back one at a time, with a reboot between. Lastly, add your nvidia GPU back.

I had NO wonky issues when I install this way.

I really love my Hackintosh, but there was a dark moment or two when I was trying to imagine life with Windows 10.

I hope this helps someone.

I have the same mobo do i need a graphic card to install Mac OS x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back