Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a desktop build:
MoBo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX970
El Capitan 10.11.6

I really have no idea what the issue is. When trying to boot into single user mode, no boot flags, the darn thing hangs at the apple logo without the progress bar moving. However, if I force shut down, start it up again with the verbose boot flag, it starts up without giving me anything in the verbose as to why it is hanging in the first place. This only started recently. I am dumbfounded as to what to do, and I cannot find anyone with this similar problem. At least, my search results are not showing me anything relative. So if anyone has any idea, let me know. And if there is more comprehensive information that is needed to diagnose, let me know that too. Thank you.

I wanted to try and see if I could restore from an earlier time machine back up. Can't do that in safe mode, apparently, and I can't find any confirmation on whether or not I can't restore from safe mode. I feel like I should be able to, but the option is grayed out. I can see my time machine back ups though.

So I then figured why not try recovery mode? Well, I can't boot into my recovery partition. I have a feeling my only option is to reinstall...which I literally have no time for concerning this gig I have coming up. It isn't an option as things currently stand. I am at the point of begging for someone to stumble upon this post and help me figure this out because I am lost and I need this computer.

Another update. So I booted into my internal El Capitan drive through the clover on my bootable USB. Good news. Then I tried booting from clover on my internal drive right after this, and it booted like normal.

I have no idea what the heck. I am glad it booted like it should, but this still leaves me hungry to understand what actually happened. I do not consider this solved, because if it happens again I want to understand why.

So it definitely happened again. It gave me a message about CPU panic. I believe it's a kernel panic, but I am not sure. So I attempted to install Sierra as a fresh install by wiping the drive. The first time around I was able to boot the USB, but I couldn't boot the installation. It gave me a similar message of CPU panic. I have another thread for that specific issue. I am really hoping that I can get a reply soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back