Register

El capitan gtx 970 displayport

Motherboard
Asus ROG Hero VIII Z170 - 3802
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
I dual boot Yosemite/Windows 10 using the Asus Strix GTX 970 and a Dell U2713HM monitor (1440p).

I was having black screen problems when using a DisplayPort Cable in Yosemite and Windows. I read that Asus had released a firmware update for the GPU. I used Asus GPU Tweak in Windows to search for the update, but it reported that I was using the latest version. I found the update on the Asus site:
https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX970DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

I download and installed the update for Windows 10 64bit. It solved the black screen problems.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII
CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Have you tried using another cable?
A different input on the monitor?
Who has not had a cable of any ilk that did not function as it should?

Motherboard
GA Z170N Wifi
CPU
Intel 6600k
Graphics
MSI GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
I managed to get the Displayport working as it should with the Dell Display, Finally!..
:headbang:

I changed my Bios setting on my Gigabyte UD4 board from "Other OS" to "Windows 8 WHQL" and disabled CSM Support.

By doing this it also automatically displays the correct resolution for the Clover Bootloader now!, Before I had to use the Clover Driver - CSMVideoDxe-64 to achieve this.

Also I set the Dell Display to DP 1.2

Everything now runs sweet!

Hope this helps

noodlez

Works also for me. Changing Bios settings to "Windows 8 WHQL" an disable CSM Support!!!
Nice side effect: From the beginning at the boot screen the correct display resolution is shown.
AND in the past one out of three system starts has been fail starts (on HDMI)
(boot screen -> clover -> Apple logo loading twice as long -> when loading complete -> nothing - reset!)
It seems like this is also gone ! :)

My system:
i5 6600k
GA Z170n Wifi
8GB Crucal RAM
MSI GTX 970 4GB
DELL DW 1560
SA Evo 850 256GB
DELL U2515H now connected over DisplayPort

Motherboard
MSI H97 Gaming 3
CPU
Core I-7
Graphics
Geforce GTX1050ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
Works also for me. Changing Bios settings to "Windows 8 WHQL" an disable CSM Support!!!
Nice side effect: From the beginning at the boot screen the correct display resolution is shown.
AND in the past one out of three system starts has been fail starts (on HDMI)
(boot screen -> clover -> Apple logo loading twice as long -> when loading complete -> nothing - reset!)
It seems like this is also gone ! :)

My system:
i5 6600k
GA Z170n Wifi
8GB Crucal RAM
MSI GTX 970 4GB
DELL DW 1560
SA Evo 850 256GB
DELL U2515H now connected over DisplayPort

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!! working like a charm ^_^

Motherboard
Asus Hero VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
For those that are having to power cycle their display or unplug and replug after booting, the solution that worked for me was to set "BootDisplay" (in Clover Configurator -> Graphics) to 2.

The default is apparently 0 and by choosing a different number (1, 2, 3....) a different port will be selected as the primary boot display. At least that is my understanding. I'm using the dual link DVI port on my HD6850 card with a 2560 x 1400 screen, and after trying 1 with no luck, 2 did the trick. I'm running Sierra 10.12.4.

BootDisplay.png

EDIT: It appears this trick only works when restarting. After shutdown, I still need to power cycle the display :( Also "2" or "3" has the same effect.

Last edited: