Contribute
Register

El capitan gtx 970 displayport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I already tried that with no success

I'd try a different DisplayPort output on your graphics card if it has more than one, or maybe a DVI or HDMI connection if the monitor supports those. Make sure you don't have a docking station or KVM switch or anything in between. If you're using a system definition of iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro6,1 then you need to either change to a different one or apply the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy fix (#4).

I had a lot of trouble with a UP2414Q going to sleep, and another user reported the same behavior you're getting with a P2715Q, so it seems to be a reasonably common issue with those Dell monitors.

Hi thanks for your advice,

I have tried using an HDMI Cable which worked with no issues except for a lower max resolution of 2048 x 1152,

Ive also tried the display port cable in the other 2 ports in my GTX 960 but still has the flickering black screen sleep issue,

if I was to use the HDMI cable instead and use a Pixel Patcher to enable the full resolution of 2560 x1440, would it give me the same quality as using the display port?

Forgot to mention I'm using smbios 6,1 Mac Pro and have already run the patch fix in Terminal but this has had no effect in fixing the sleep issue

many thanks

if I was to use the HDMI cable instead and use a Pixel Patcher to enable the full resolution of 2560 x1440, would it give me the same quality as using the display port?

They're both digital connections, so if you run at the same resolution, they should give the same image on the screen. The possible difference is refresh rate; for instance if you could get 60 Hz over DisplayPort and only 30 Hz over HDMI, that may (or may not) be noticeable to you.

Ok thanks,

Strangley when I was using the Displayport cable it showed @59Hz instead of @60Hz in the System Information section but when I switched to HDMI and set the correct resolution it does show @60Hz?..

Hi,

I just upgraded from an old Apple 23" Display which was connected via a DVI cable to my X99 system and didn't have any boot issue's at all.

Since using my the new Dell U2515H display Ive now been having a problem with it going to sleep every time I boot up which is connected via its supplied mini displayport to displayport cable.

As the system is booting after the apple logo a message appears saying "Entering Power Saving Mode" then it sleeps (but system is still running)

Ive found that I have to turn the display off then on again to fix this issue, then all is working perfect.

If I put the system to sleep it wakes up with no problem.... strange o_O

Also I've noticed that in the System Report/Graphics/Display section, it recognises the Dell U2515H and shows the correct resolution of 2560 x 1440, But shows @59 Hz instead of 60 Hz?...

Everything else is running fine, sharp picture colours etc...

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2 with the latest Nvidia GPU Driver.

My System Build is =

Gigabyte UD4 X99 v1.1
Intel 5820k i7 CPU
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
Corsair RM750i PSU
Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

Please can anyone help?...

Many Thanks

Noodlez

I'm having the same issue. Was using HDMI with no issues, trying to use DisplayPort at 1440p and I have to unplug the monitor after each boot in order for it to receive signal. Using 14,2 SMBIOS and GTX960

Hi,
I managed to get the Displayport working as it should with the Dell Display, Finally!..
:headbang:

I changed my Bios setting on my Gigabyte UD4 board from "Other OS" to "Windows 8 WHQL" and disabled CSM Support.

By doing this it also automatically displays the correct resolution for the Clover Bootloader now!, Before I had to use the Clover Driver - CSMVideoDxe-64 to achieve this.

Also I set the Dell Display to DP 1.2

Everything now runs sweet!

Hope this helps

noodlez

Hello!

I just have configure a macintosh with Nvidia vega 980GTX but i can only get the DVI working.

Is there any solution to make the display ports working.

I have tried to change the system definition to some others (on most the system don´t boot at all, for example mac 6.1, mac5.1, iMac 16, imac15) so i settled with mac pro 3.1 for now.

i have installed nvidia wedriver and graphics are running fine on dvi.

did anybody got this DP working on nvidia?

thanks!

Kevin

I am experiencing the same issue.

I am able to get DVI and HDMI to work, but DP is failing to be recognized.

I have Nvidia webdrivers installed.

Setup:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
Geforce GTX 970
32GB Ram
1TB Crucial SSD
i7 6700k​

SMBIOS: MacPro3,1 (Also tried iMac14,2 to no avail)
Bootflags: dart=0 nvda_drv=1
BIOS Settings:
XMP -> Profile1
XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
Super IO Config : Serial Port 1 -> Disabled
VT-d -> Disabled
I also tried changing "Other OS" to "Windows 8 WHQL" and disable CSM Support to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back