Gigabyte X58-USB3
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

All setup with my gear but I can't find any clue on how to setup the GTX 960 to output on two monitors, both 4K, one via DisplayPort (DELL P2415Q) and the other via HDMI (TV).

Any advice?

(also having issues with USB 3.0 on GA-X58-USB3 but I read that it is more or less not going to work).

Thanks!!

(attached my config.plist and DSDT.aml)

UPDATE: Should note that as soon as I plug the HDMI cable the machine reboots and doesn't get past the Apple with progress bar where it reboots again)

UPDATE 2: I actually found that booting with HDMI cable *only* connected I can get into the system just fine. Then I can also plug DisplayPort and play with the connections without issue! Still hoping for a proper solution by someone. PS: Tried other combinations as well (other DP ports).

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 397
  • DSDT.aml
    12.6 KB · Views: 245
When you say get into the system only do you mean you can actually get into the home screen? If so, how would i go about editing my plist and .aml files so mine could match yours?

Otherwise when I boot from just hdmi I get to the loading screen with the apple logo and than when it is almost finished the monitor just turns off. I also have a display port with a dvi hookup going directly into my graphics card but that does not seem to help.

Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate any as I am a noob at hackintosh's and would really like to get my dual monitors working if possible! I have read people that have gtx 960's with dual dvi ports have no problem getting this configuration to work and I am considering trading in my graphics card for something similar.

System specs:

Asus z97-c motherboard
MSI Gtx 970 graphics card // sadly doesn't have 2 dvi ports :(
intel i7 4970k processor
dual asus vs247's monitors

When you say get into the system only do you mean you can actually get into the home screen? If so, how would i go about editing my plist and .aml files so mine could match yours?

Otherwise when I boot from just hdmi I get to the loading screen with the apple logo and than when it is almost finished the monitor just turns off. I also have a display port with a dvi hookup going directly into my graphics card but that does not seem to help.

Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate any as I am a noob at hackintosh's and would really like to get my dual monitors working if possible! I have read people that have gtx 960's with dual dvi ports have no problem getting this configuration to work and I am considering trading in my graphics card for something similar.

System specs:

Asus z97-c motherboard
intel i7 4970k processor

Which MSI GTX 970 do you have, the one with the reference style cooler? All other MSI branded GTX 970's have dual DVI ports.

System specs:

Asus z97-c motherboard
intel i7 4970k processor

Try setting nv_disable=1 during install and once in the system with pure VGA support install NVidia Web Drivers and then set nvda_drv=1.

Use Clover Configurator once you are in the system (read-up on that).

Use Clover options when in boot to enter nv_disable or nvda_drv when booting (next to dart=0)

You should be able to get into the system just fine with the above.

I think from what you are describing you haven't set nvda_drv=1

I must have the reference style cooler one because I only have one dvi port :\

And I don't think I was clear when I posted, I have already fully installed OS X using the steps that you suggested and I have it working but with only one monitor displaying through my only dvi port. I have tried to plug my second monitor in via hdmi and via display port to dvi and none work. Oddly enough though when I am booting up the operating system it will show the apple losing screen on the monitor connected via hdmi or display to dvi but than the screen will turn off and will then only display off of the DVI port.

Do you think my best bet is to just trade in my graphics card for one with 2 dvi ports? All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Make sure you have Inject/Nvidia/False.

slim.jim thanks so much!! It totally worked, now I have 2 screens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back