Contribute
Register

El Capitan GTX 560 No Dual display (Web Drivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX560
Mac
  1. iMac
Did a fresh Clover install of OSX El Capitan, after being on Mavericks for a few years (where everything worked fine).

On El Capitan I used the OS X Default Graphics for a while (having both displays working fine) until I had to do some work in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro etc. Both of those were crashing and giving me errors about my graphics card not being found or not capable of supporting them, so I decided to install the Nvidia Web Driver for my El Capitan version - 15G1510.

Currently, only one display is working and I can't seem to get the second one to run at all.

MB: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (updated BIOS to UEFI)
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @ 3.41GHz
Graphics: EVGA GTX560
System Definition: iMac 12,2

Using the Clover Configurator, currently I have nvda_drv=1 and InjectNvidia enabled in the Graphics tab.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Noob here.

Did a fresh Clover install of OSX El Capitan, after being on Mavericks for a few years (where everything worked fine).

On El Capitan I used the OS X Default Graphics for a while (having both displays working fine) until I had to do some work in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro etc. Both of those were crashing and giving me errors about my graphics card not being found or not capable of supporting them, so I decided to install the Nvidia Web Driver for my El Capitan version - 15G1510.

Currently, only one display is working and I can't seem to get the second one to run at all.

MB: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (updated BIOS to UEFI)
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @ 3.41GHz
Graphics: EVGA GTX560
System Definition: iMac 12,2

Using the Clover Configurator, currently I have nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1 and InjectNvidia enabled in the Graphics tab.

Any suggestions?
you should remove nv_disable=1 as that disables nvidia from working

you should remove nv_disable=1 as that disables nvidia from working

Removed nv_disable=1 - Second display still doesn't show up. Despite the awful resolution with nv_disable=1 I could see the nvidia manager detecting a projector :D

Is it possible that this issue is due to the fact that the second display is a VGA display?
I'm thinking that this might be the problem but I had no issues with the OSX Default Graphics Driver.

Yes, I am using an adaptor to VGA hooked on the GTX560. I'll check out the link you posted and update if I get any success.
Thanks!

Can't really find a solution. Ill be reverting back to the Defult OS drivers for now so I can use both displays. Might need to buy a new monitor.

Can't really find a solution. Ill be reverting back to the Defult OS drivers for now so I can use both displays. Might need to buy a new monitor.
it is around 7 years old or so. maybe upgrade the card?

it is around 7 years old or so. maybe upgrade the card?
The card has two DVI outputs. It's the monitor that's VGA. I'll just troubeshoot it first with one of the monitors at the office and if those monitors work with the card, I'll just get a new monitor.

The baffling thing is that the default drivers work absolutely properly with that second dodgy monitor. It's the Web Drivers that are disabling it. :/

The card has two DVI outputs. It's the monitor that's VGA. I'll just troubeshoot it first with one of the monitors at the office and if those monitors work with the card, I'll just get a new monitor.

The baffling thing is that the default drivers work absolutely properly with that second dodgy monitor. It's the Web Drivers that are disabling it. :/
try disable inject nvidia in clover

try disable inject nvidia in clover

When InjectNvidia is disabled - El Capitan boots up without any displays (I can hear system sounds, but both displays are dark).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back