Contribute
Register

El Capitan - Gigabyte GA Z170N Gaming 5 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to use it without your Nvidia. I was running in something similar and in my case was from video card.

Try to use it without your Nvidia. I was running in something similar and in my case was from video card.

Ok I can try that out.

Brief Update
I tried removing 1 of the sticks of RAM and Windows 10 didn't crash anymore after using it for a day (with gaming and without it) so I assumed that perhaps either that RAM stick is bad or possibly the actually RAM slot on the MOBO.

I decided to keep the RAM stick out and see if the crashing issues on my Mac OSX side had been resolved. Regrettably, it crashed again last night. Error log from console posted below.
3c7ca3b86afa79defe4a30218823313b.png

the last error before the computer froze up was : coreaudiod: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22

I'll be trying to google that error code today to try to shed some light as to what's going on

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I've been having issues installing El Capitan on my Skylake system.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA Z170N Gaming 5 (F4 Bios Version)
GFX: EVGA Titan X
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 2400
STORAGE: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD
WIRELESS: Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 Wifi/BT

Basically, the very first time I installed everything using the generic installation guide (XHCI Handoff Enabled, memory set to Profile 1, VT-d disabled, added the NVMe kext to the "other" folder in the EFI, made sure UFEI was selected, Other OS), everything seemingly worked perfectly. Used a 64 GB USB stick which was connected to a USB 3.0 port. It booted up, made it through the installer, it recognized the NVMe SSD and I formatted it, and finished "Installing on Macintosh HD." It booted back up and then midway through the multibeast post-install, there was seemingly a kernal panic and it autorebooted but wasn't able to boot back into El Capitan again. So I spent the next few hours attempting to reinstall the OS assuming it would be as simple as the first time..

Unfortunately, the furthest I can make it now is to the Installing on "Macintosh HD" About 12 minutes remaining where everything freezes/hangs and I have to hard restart the system.

I have tried everything I could think of: Ammulders guide of GA H170N (pretty similar board), with nv_disable=1 (via Clover Configurator [CC]), with nv_disable=0 via CC, with a config.plist from @pentae (who has nearly the same build except his is working), connected a USB 2.0 header and installed using the USB 2.0 port, tried with the most recent RehabMan USBInjectALL kext (copied into 10.11 and 10.10 and even tried copying into the Other folder too), and I even took out my Titan X and tried all those with it out as well).

So I'm not quite sure what to do at this point.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance!!!
hi , this is exact same system that i have , did you fix the titan issue and would you be able to share your extra folder with dsdt? thank you.

looks like i got through the install easy , then installed only clover boot loader via multicast refi mode , and thats where i get stock , apple logo full loaded bar and nothing :( trying verbose mode now, any suggestions?

had issue with looking for bluetooth then plunged in dongle and it recognized but docent go passed it please help

I'm having a problem with the same mobo. I can't get past a kernal panic before the initial installation. I was getting a "missing bluetooth controller trasport." I've tried the listed fixes in the big list of solutions (format, Clover Configurator / ACPI / FixDisplay, confirm inject intel=true, nv_disable=1, I took out the graphics card and used only 1 ram stick, and tried multiple usb drives) and I've tried most of the things on the Skylake Starter Guide (Bios settings, IOAPIC settings, SMBIOS [set to 3.1 and 5.1 in clover config.,] and 7.1 section.) Previously, it wasn't getting past the apple logo with black screen. Now I'm getting an auto reboot.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated since I've already tried so many things

had issue with looking for bluetooth then plunged in dongle and it recognized but docent go passed it please help

I'm having a problem with the same mobo. I can't get past a kernal panic before the initial installation. I was getting a "missing bluetooth controller trasport." I've tried the listed fixes in the big list of solutions (format, Clover Configurator / ACPI / FixDisplay, confirm inject intel=true, nv_disable=1, I took out the graphics card and used only 1 ram stick, and tried multiple usb drives) and I've tried most of the things on the Skylake Starter Guide (Bios settings, IOAPIC settings, SMBIOS [set to 3.1 and 5.1 in clover config.,] and 7.1 section.) Previously, it wasn't getting past the apple logo with black screen. Now I'm getting an auto reboot.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated since I've already tried so many things

What bluetooth/wifi card are you guys using?

Have you tried it without the BT/WiFi plugged in? I don't have any experience with this one.

I swapped out the one that my MOBO came with for the Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 Wifi/BT card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back