Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
So, thought I'd help a friend by installing El Capitan on his drive hooked up as an external USB on my El Cap build. The installer was created and after choosing the (ext USB) drive as the destination, the system booted. Didn't go well and I had to abort the procedure. This however ,created a 'ghost' of the original Install Drive and appears as a bootable drive option every time I boot up and as the default drive to be booted from. How do I get rid of this ghost installer?

Hope I was clear. Any help appreciated.

Tkx

Look at the disk in Disk Utility. There is probably a partition there. To get rid of it, erase the partition (and lose the space, or reformat and use the space), delete the partition (add the space to an existing partition) or wipe the disk and start over (easy!).

Look at the disk in Disk Utility. There is probably a partition there. To get rid of it, erase the partition (and lose the space, or reformat and use the space), delete the partition (add the space to an existing partition) or wipe the disk and start over (easy!).

This is what I see In Disk utility. No extra partitions. The Untitled disk is my Windows SSD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 7.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 7.15.26 PM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 174
This is what I see In Disk utility. No extra partitions. The Untitled disk is my Windows SSD.
Highlight the disk with the extra volume, and click the Partition button. You may see extra slices.

More info: I don't see this partition anywhere in DU or Terminal's diskutil. Have tried to find it under bcfg in Clover, nada. Funny thing is it only shows up in the Clover Disk boot screen. Have tried booting from an old config backup of Clover but the ghost still shows up.

Highlight the disk with the extra volume, and click the Partition button. You may see extra slices.
Been there...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 7.48.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 7.48.12 PM.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back