Contribute
Register

El Capitan GA-Z97X-UD3H + i7-4790k + GeForce GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
System report says Graphics Nvidia Chip Model 7MB
Sure I see native resolution on my monitor during install, but can't get to desktop without nv_disable=1

Have tried 14,1 14,2 15,1 3,1 system definitions
Sometimes a loop with a flash of the cursor and a spinning wheel on black screen, other times a monitor sleep

Have twice tried Nvidia web drivers which resulted in never getting back to a desktop

Not a pro at the forums here, I apologize for any improper etiquette

Last edited:
If you have the onboard graphics disabled in BIOS, I would enable them and make sure BIOS is still set to boot PCI graphics first and leave the monitor connected to the GT 740. Then see if you can get to the desktop without nv_disable=1.

Hello,

I have a similar configuration. Same mobo. I've made a clear install of El Capitan 10.11 with CLOVER EFI.
Everything was running fine, until I've discovered the USB ports (3.0) not working right.
As well, I couldn't fix the audio lost after sleep. I've proved many kinds of fixes, even the Dsdt's X_HAK fix. And nothing really fix this. So I moved back to 10.10.5 :(
Have you found issues like this?
Cheers! :D

If you have the onboard graphics disabled in BIOS, I would enable them and make sure BIOS is still set to boot PCI graphics first and leave the monitor connected to the GT 740. Then see if you can get to the desktop without nv_disable=1.

Thanks for the response, I enabled onboard gfx and set display first to PCI, when booting the progress bar gets about half way then slows way down and the display goes to sleep, in verbose the attached is the last thing I see

Attachments

• IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    867.9 KB · Views: 268
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back