Graphics
Intel HD 2000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys. Gonna install El Capitan some time today. Right now I have Mountain Lion installed. I installed this back in 2011. So it's been a while. Clover didn't exist back then. Is there anything i should look out for? Do I need the wipe the drive before trying to install it? Any tips or things to watch out for would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi guys. So I tried installing el capitan yesterday with no success. I can't get it to install. I get the dreaded AICP panic at install. It's very weird because it doesn't happen at first. It boots from the USB just fine. I can see the install window. I go to utilities and then tap on my hard drive and that's when it goes into panic and get the AICP error. Not sure what to do. In clover I used -v cpus=1. Used Unibeast legacy. I have no graphics card. Just using the onboard graphics. I'm not using any of the USB 3 ports for this install. I feel like I'm doing everything correct and still getting the AICP error at that weird place.

Any help? Thank you!

Hi guys. So I tried installing el capitan yesterday with no success. I can't get it to install. I get the dreaded AICP panic at install. It's very weird because it doesn't happen at first. It boots from the USB just fine. I can see the install window. I go to utilities and then tap on my hard drive and that's when it goes into panic and get the AICP error. Not sure what to do. In clover I used -v cpus=1. Used Unibeast legacy. I have no graphics card. Just using the onboard graphics. I'm not using any of the USB 3 ports for this install. I feel like I'm doing everything correct and still getting the AICP error at that weird place.

Any help? Thank you!
Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Any help? Thank you!

Be sure your using the correct Config.plist. Download a DSDT for your motherboard from the downloads section. DSDT

Thanks guys! I got it to work! Not sure if this was the correct thing to do but I ended up mounting the efi volume from the usb drive and placing the nullcpupowermanagement.kext in the 10.11 folder and I was able to boot and install. I'm on el Capitan now. Everything works it seems! HDMI audio as well. I use this machine strictly as a media player on my TV. I only need video and audio to work :)

I do have one question and I can't seem to get it to work... I want to bypass the clover boot gui. I don't want to see it everytime I restart. How do I do that? I used clover configurator and set the timeout time to 0 but that didn't work. I also tried setting it to "fast" but that made clover show up but as a different theme. It looked different. Any ideas?

Ok just tried this. It loaded a basic grey and blue theme. Didn't skip...

Mount EFI. Go to EFI\Clover\Config.plist. Open it in Clover Configurator Go to GUI look under Theme and type in your Theme you've installed.

Mount EFI. Go to EFI\Clover\Config.plist. Open it in Clover Configurator Go to GUI look under Theme and type in your Theme you've installed.

I actually don't want a theme. I want to be able to skip the clover boot loader entirely. I want to be able to boot straight into OS X if possible when I restart. I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I don't want to keep a usb keyboard connected just to hit enter when I restart...

I actually don't want a theme. I want to be able to skip the clover boot loader entirely. I want to be able to boot straight into OS X if possible when I restart. I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I don't want to keep a usb keyboard connected just to hit enter when I restart...

Post your Config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back