Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm fairly new to hackintosh and am working on my first build.

The usb booted the el capitan installer after booting in force hibernate wake mode. I was then able to format my disk and install onto it.

The problem occurred when I booted off my usb again then booted off the hard drive in clover. In the normal setup, the loading bar would pause on one monitor and the other would go blank. I unplugged the vga monitor and the hdmi one contined to go blank after partially loading. when I tried booting in verbose mode, the loading would always stop after something regarding bluetooth successful and then would go blank.

I am using the following hardware:
intel core i3-2100 @3.1ghz
6GB ram
intel HD graphics
2 TB external toshiba hard drive (I didn't want to damage the internal one since it was my first time)

If any other information is needed, let me know!

i don't think the graphics card that comes on with i3-2000 is supported, search to forum to confirm. I would get a cheap GT610.

i don't think the graphics card that comes on with i3-2000 is supported, search to forum to confirm. I would get a cheap GT610.

Thanks,

do you know if there's a different version that would work with my current graphics card?

different version of what ? You either get a CPU that has built-in graphics card that's supported by OSX or you get a discrete card. Much easier and cheaper to get a graphics card. $25 on ebay for GT610.

different version of what ? You either get a CPU that has built-in graphics card that's supported by OSX or you get a discrete card. Much easier and cheaper to get a graphics card. $25 on ebay for GT610.

I was asking about a different version of OSX, like yosemite instead of el capitan.

highly unlikely it would work with Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back