CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, i have strange problem. I have created a usb with clover and mac os el capitan installer by createmedia metod.
I have a hdd in my notebook, in windows 8.1 i have partioned it on 2 parts, one windows, one for feature mac os, called it macintosh HD and choosed ntfs file system.
So, problem. I am booting mac os installer from usb, going to disk utility, trying to format second parthion with mac os journaled and getting failed.
"Erase process has failde. Press Done to continue"
Detailes:
Unmounting disk
MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation.
Operation failde.

and it begins to show me, that this partinon is full and there is no free space, when i am booting it againg this partion is free and all things repeates...
With yousemite everything is ok... Am i need to format this with yousemite installer?

Hi everyone, i have strange problem. I have created a usb with clover and mac os el capitan installer by createmedia metod.
I have a hdd in my notebook, in windows 8.1 i have partioned it on 2 parts, one windows, one for feature mac os, called it macintosh HD and choosed ntfs file system.
So, problem. I am booting mac os installer from usb, going to disk utility, trying to format second parthion with mac os journaled and getting failed.
"Erase process has failde. Press Done to continue"
Detailes:
Unmounting disk
MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation.
Operation failde.

and it begins to show me, that this partinon is full and there is no free space, when i am booting it againg this partion is free and all things repeates...
With yousemite everything is ok... Am i need to format this with yousemite installer?

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

i have made the same one mounth before, and everything was ok, few days ago i reinstalled windows 8.1 and now cant erase anything in every mac disk utils... mb it is happens, because i have small efi partion? it is 100 mb now... it was larger before...

i have made the same one mounth before, and everything was ok, few days ago i reinstalled windows 8.1 and now cant erase anything in every mac disk utils... mb it is happens, because i have small efi partion? it is 100 mb now... it was larger before...

100mb is too small. Read at the link I already provided.

I have read this thread, and understand this: i have MSR partion and need to delete it? And i need to increase my efi parthion? Now it is 100 mb...

I have read this thread, and understand this: i have MSR partion and need to delete it? And i need to increase my efi parthion? Now it is 100 mb...

Correct.

Note: Make sure you have a useable backup. Human error by novices is likely.

Hi again, i am stucks on this:
- type: list vol (to find out the drive letter assigned to EFI/main volume, in my case E: and C: respectively)
- Shift+F10 for another command prompt
- type: robocopy e:\efi c:\efi.bak /mir

Here is some problem... there no name (A,C,F etc) for my efi partion, so i thought it was on my drive, C. I have entered this: robocopy c:\efi d:\efi.bak /mir and got: Error 2 (0x00000002) acess to folder c:\efi\
No such file

by the way, maybe it is easyer to install mac os el capitan, and than install windows 8.1? Will i be able to do this? there is no files that i need in windows 8.1 now, so i can easyly done this...

by the way, maybe it is easyer to install mac os el capitan, and than install windows 8.1? Will i be able to do this? there is no files that i need in windows 8.1 now, so i can easyly done this...

That is the recommended way. Best to at least do the initial disk partitioning in OS X Disk Utility.

Hi again, i am stucks on this:
- type: list vol (to find out the drive letter assigned to EFI/main volume, in my case E: and C: respectively)
- Shift+F10 for another command prompt
- type: robocopy e:\efi c:\efi.bak /mir

Here is some problem... there no name (A,C,F etc) for my efi partion, so i thought it was on my drive, C. I have entered this: robocopy c:\efi d:\efi.bak /mir and got: Error 2 (0x00000002) acess to folder c:\efi\
No such file

You have to assign a drive letter to your EFI partition. It was done earlier in the process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back