Motherboard
Asus P5Q SE/R
CPU
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've got my El Capitan / Clover build up and running beautifully, apart from the ethernet which is proving a real challenge. The same ethernet card was previously working with a Snow Leopard build (yes, it's been a while between upgrades). I have a P5Q SE/R mobo with Atheros L1E controller.

Under System Info, it simply says "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."

I have tried multiple kexts including all the Multibeast ones, AttansicL1Ethernet.kext and ALXEthernet.kext. I've checked which kexts are loaded with Kext Wizard, and whatever I've added never comes up as loaded. So I am wondering if it is an issue with SIP, or the way I'm installing them. Have tried installing with KextBeast, Kext Wizard, and manually (setting permissions / ownership in Terminal). According to crsutil status, SIP is enabled but Kext Signing / Apple Internal / Filesystem Protections are all disabled.

I've also tried the FixLAN option in Clover.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for further troubleshooting, I'd appreciate it!

PS Here is my clean DSDT as extracted by MACIASL, if it's helpful

Attachments

• System DSDT.aml
    37.2 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back