Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what i have to do sorry

Read the entire post so you understand the issues.
Plan on creating a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext as described in ammulder's Skylake Starter Guide.

MacBook8,1
iMac16,1

Data on all mac models can be found on everymac.com.
I don't get what i have to do sorry

Thanks to Rehabman and Flashbold! I was able to install the system and IOKit patch.
However, when I remove my USB, I am no longer able to boot even though I installed Clover on my SSD. The screen resolution scaling is also a trouble (everything looks very tiny). I tried to inject intel graphics but it won't boot into the system now.

P.S. used the clover zip file provided by @FlashBold

Edit: In verbose mode, I got [IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load, could not register with Framebuffer driver!

Thanks to Rehabman and Flashbold! I was able to install the system and IOKit patch.
However, when I remove my USB, I am no longer able to boot even though I installed Clover on my SSD. The screen resolution scaling is also a trouble (everything looks very tiny). I tried to inject intel graphics but it won't boot into the system now.

P.S. used the clover zip file provided by @FlashBold

Initially, your EFI/Clover folder on the SSD should be the same as USB.

Initially, your EFI/Clover folder on the SSD should be the same as USB.
Should I try to reinstall now? Got a [IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load, could not register with Framebuffer driver! and cannot boot into the system now.

Should I try to reinstall now? Got a [IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load, could not register with Framebuffer driver! and cannot boot into the system now.

If you can boot from USB, no need to re-install... clearly your problem is caused by an incorrect Clover setup on SSD. Make sure the Clover setup is exactly the same as on USB. Then tweak from that point... (eg. patch ACPI, power management, etc).

Gonna help tomorrow in ~19h from now

If you can boot from USB, no need to re-install... clearly your problem is caused by an incorrect Clover setup on SSD. Make sure the Clover setup is exactly the same as on USB. Then tweak from that point... (eg. patch ACPI, power management, etc).

I reinstalled and patched IOKit. Also copied Clover folder from USB to my the EFI folder on my SSD. Trying to solve the screen issue but not going to reboot because I am scared. Should I look into kexts for it? Thanks!

Gonna help tomorrow in ~19h from now

Thanks again for the EFI!

I reinstalled and patched IOKit. Also copied Clover folder from USB to my the EFI folder on my SSD. Trying to solve the screen issue but not going to reboot because I am scared. Should I look into kexts for it? Thanks!

Thanks again for the EFI!
If you want to thank someone then its obviously RehabMan. This guy gets all rolling here! RehabMan your rock seriously! Thanks for all your effort.

I copied the CLOVER folder from my USB to the system drive. However, when I reboot again, the config.plist from the system drive is different from the one that I copied. I tried to use the USB installer again but now I am stuck in a reboot loop. Cannot boot into either USB or system. Please help! Thank you!

I copied the CLOVER folder from my USB to the system drive.

Clover is installed to the EFI partition and that is where BIOS is loading it (and hence where Clover gets its configuration), so placing a Clover folder on the system partition has no effect.

Read the FAQ for how to mount EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back