Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed new Security Update 2016-001 from apple store and my system won't boot now. Did you guys have some problem after that update?

No hardware details in your profile... Please fix.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

No hardware details in your profile... Please fix.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Do you just copy paste this message :) ?

Do you just copy paste this message :) ?

Yes, of course.

I see your profile now indicates you have a UHD screen. So... of course you need to repatch IOKit for the pixel clock limit.

Yes, of course.

I see your profile now indicates you have a UHD screen. So... of course you need to repatch IOKit for the pixel clock limit.[/QUOTE
Yes, you are right. Now is working. Thank you very much! I need to remember to repatch IOKit every update from now on.

I am trying to install El Capitan on my xps 13 9343 and I am having some trouble (A07 Dell Bios)

I did not read all of this thread but followed this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I attached my EFI below. I am using Clover r3726 along with the config plist in the #1 post.
Right now, it seems that I am running into Kernel panic (the computer reboots immediate after the following image appears).

upload_2016-9-4_21-30-15.png

I might need to change the DVMT pre-allocated memory but I am not too sure how to get a "You can use specific BIOS utility to save a copy of your BIOS on Desktop." as instructed here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/

Please let me know what I should do. Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 91
I might need to change the DVMT pre-allocated memory but I am not too sure how to get a "You can use specific BIOS utility to save a copy of your BIOS on Desktop." as instructed here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/

No need for that, the post mentions the two locations that need changing. Have you made the EFI shell bootable USB? Set that up, and then in the EFI shell you just have to type
Code:
setup_var 0x183 0x3
setup_var 0x184 0x3
Then shut down the laptop and boot into Windows to check the dedicated video memory amount.

Then shut down the laptop and boot into Windows to check the dedicated video memory amount.

From the FAQ:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

blinblin95 Bios goes this way:
Use
Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.exe
to save your BIOS then open it with
UEFITool_NE_A32.exe
see the pictures ...

Snip20150416_2.png

Note ! on my Bios (A03) it was called SetupPrep !
Open the extracted file with a Texteditor (Notepad++ ).
Snip20150416_4.jpg

obove is from the Guide under is mine
snip.PNG

now boot into a efi shell and in my case it was "setup_var 0x183 0x3" reboot, if you have a UHD screen you need to patch the Pixel Clock ...

If you want we can talk on TeamSpeak3 soos.li

No need for that, the post mentions the two locations that need changing. Have you made the EFI shell bootable USB? Set that up, and then in the EFI shell you just have to type
Code:
setup_var 0x183 0x3
setup_var 0x184 0x3
blinblin95 Bios goes this way:
Use
Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.exe
to save your BIOS then open it with
UEFITool_NE_A32.exe
see the pictures ...

View attachment 209343
Note ! on my Bios (A03) it was called SetupPrep !
Open the extracted file with a Texteditor (Notepad++ ).
View attachment 209344
obove is from the Guide under is mine
View attachment 209345

now boot into a efi shell and in my case it was "setup_var 0x183 0x3" reboot, if you have a UHD screen you need to patch the Pixel Clock ...

If you want we can talk on TeamSpeak3 soos.li

Thank you FlashBold and The Syntax! The kernel panic is gone. But now I get stuck at "DSMOS has arrived". I tried GraphicsEnabled=No in boot args, but it doesn't work. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back