Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the first post of this thread, looking for the 10.11.1 update section,. It is the same procedure for 10.11.3 update

Ahaaaa. thanks mate, it definitely works, but unfortunately the update combo which I downloaded through the apple website didn't absolutely work. fortunate for me that I had downloaded one from the app store which I previously tried and when it asked for restart, I did but no luck. Then I used pgh500's suggestion, it worked and now i'm using 10.11.3
yea, I have to use the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first and install the OSXUpdCombo10.11.3Auto.pkg later which the output was sublime.
I actually tried to use the FirmwareUpdate.pkg and tried the Update Combo that I downloaded from apple website, but didn't work, I had to restart but nothing seemed to be affecting the system.
So far 10.11.3 runs well with the previous settings applied to the system.

-get really busy to prepare overseas study :(
I hope sometimes in the future, i can make a contribution

Thank you All, RehabMan, pgh500, and egore

Last edited:
I actually tried to use the FirmwareUpdate.pkg and tried the Update Combo that I downloaded from apple website, but didn't work

Apple firmware updates should not be expected to work on your non-Apple computer.

I am trying once again to get patched AppleHDA to work correctly on this machine. I have a successfully patched AppleHDA kext for the codec needed for this machine (ALC288), but the sound consistently stops working about 20 seconds after it was last used.

I have tried CodecCommander without any success. I did look in the info.plist for CC and did not see any reference to ALC288 specifically.

Do I have to edit this file for this codec to get it to work or am I looking in the wrong place for a solution?

Thanks much.

I am trying once again to get patched AppleHDA to work correctly on this machine. I have a successfully patched AppleHDA kext for the codec needed for this machine (ALC288), but the sound consistently stops working about 20 seconds after it was last used.

I have tried CodecCommander without any success. I did look in the info.plist for CC and did not see any reference to ALC288 specifically.

Do I have to edit this file for this codec to get it to work or am I looking in the wrong place for a solution?

Thanks much.

Did you patch ACPI correctly?

Did you search to see if there is already a patched AppleHDA for ALC288?

Did you patch ACPI correctly?

Did you search to see if there is already a patched AppleHDA for ALC288?

Yes, I patched the DSDT with the audio layout 3 option. If there are SSDTs that this would apply to, should they be patched the same as well? (I haven't looked into that part yet)

I did search for a patched AppleHDA for ALC288, but only found older versions, not for the current El Cap release.

Latest CodecCommander is installed from your repo.

Using the Reset Audio v1.6.0 menubar app to reset the kext and core audio when needed does work, but I'd like a permanent solution without having to use that app.

Yes, I patched the DSDT with the audio layout 3 option. If there are SSDTs that this would apply to, should they be patched the same as well? (I haven't looked into that part yet)

I did search for a patched AppleHDA for ALC288, but only found older versions, not for the current El Cap release.

Latest CodecCommander is installed from your repo.

Did you patch your own ALC288, then? Does your patched AppleHDA use layout-id 3? Did you patch for "IRQ Fix"?

Did you install the patched AppleHDA to the system volume?

Did you patch your won ALC288, then? Does your patched AppleHDA use layout-id 3? Did you patch for "IRQ Fix"?

Did you install the patched AppleHDA to the system volume?

Yes, patched my own AppleHDA.kext for ALC288. Yes, layout-id 3 is used in the patched AppleHDA. Yes, DSDT was patched for IRQ Fix.

Patched AppleHDA is installed to S/L/E via Kext Utility.

From patched AppleHDA/contents/pluginsAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver/contents/info.plist:

<key>AFGLowPowerState</key> <data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>283902600</integer>
<key>ConfigData</key>
<data>
ASccEAEnHQABJx6gAScfkAE3HCABNx0AATce
AAE3H0ABRxwwAUcdAAFHHhcBRx+QAYccQAGH
HRABhx6BAYcfAgHXHFAB1x2AAdceZQHXH0AC
FxxgAhcdEAIXHiECFx8BAUcMAg==
</data>
<key>FuncGroup</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>LayoutID</key>
<integer>3</integer>

Correct codecID for ALC288 and LayoutID of 3

Yes, patched my own AppleHDA.kext for ALC288. Yes, layout-id 3 is used in the patched AppleHDA. Yes, DSDT was patched for IRQ Fix.

Patched AppleHDA is installed to S/L/E via Kext Utility.

Did you double check all your Platforms/layout xml content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back