Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info how to fix
Code:
2416, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

I received that error while compiling the SSDT-0.dsl,SSDT-11.dsl,SSDT-12.dsl
yet, I found no solution so far, kindly take a look

It is documented in the guide. When using refs.txt, you must move the External declarations that come from refs.txt to after the other Externals.

And for SSDT-12, since you're using the latest iasl, you need to add the Externals (to SSDT-12.dsl):
Code:
External(TCNT, FieldUnitObj)
External(ECRD, IntObj)

I have have reported both of these issues to Intel, and I expect them to be fixed soon.

It is documented in the guide. When using refs.txt, you must move the External declarations that come from refs.txt to after the other Externals.

And for SSDT-12, since you're using the latest iasl, you need to add the Externals (to SSDT-12.dsl):
Code:
External(TCNT, FieldUnitObj)
External(ECRD, IntObj)

I have have reported both of these issues to Intel, and I expect them to be fixed soon.

I'm sorry that I didn't read that before, yes absolutely it works. Thanks RehabMan, will try to patch rename gfx0 to igpu

but, could you explain why I have to move the external commands?

done patching, can you confirm the CPU PM is implemented or not?

and yea, I wish the webcam can be fixed. and, if I am about to install a windows, in a partition aside from Mac's, can I do force installation? or do i need to do something?

Attachments

• latest.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
Hi people, I used to install Yosemite on this laptop and finally got it working and wrote a small guide in the thread about the Yosemite installation, but after a bit a gave up and decided to wait for El Capitan with better support. How is it running now? Are there any guides available yet for this machine? Or would anyone mind writing a simple one? While I try to read every single page from this thread.

Thank You

I actually just got everything I wanted working on my Dell xps 13 working with os X 10.11.3

Working:
Intel Graphics
Touch Screen
USB 2.0 and 3.0
Bluetooth & Wifi
Audio & HDMI out
Brightness Control
Power Management

Not Working:
Webcam
SD Card

Im working with someone on I met on youtube and we are in the process of making a video guide with detailed steps. If you want to hang on a few weeks we'll have it ready and ill also post a guide here. Spent over 3 weeks to get my system running smoothly and went through the steps so many times I'm fairly confident in the process for this variant.

You're welcome to join us and help us with the video if you'd like. Reach out to this guy that uploaded the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78r615xxgo

As for stability, I've been using as my daily driver for school and its amazingly held up to everything i usually throw at my macbook so very impressed at the compatibility seems 100% right now. Never experienced any crashes or graphics gargle yet.

I actually just got everything I wanted working on my Dell xps 13 working with os X 10.11.3

Working:
Intel Graphics
Touch Screen
USB 2.0 and 3.0
Bluetooth & Wifi
Audio & HDMI out
Brightness Control
Power Management

Not Working:
Webcam
SD Card

Cool! Can't wait for that!

P.S. How the hell do I extract rom/bios file out of A07.exe bios update from Dell website?

I actually just got everything I wanted working on my Dell xps 13 working with os X 10.11.3Working: Intel GraphicsTouch ScreenUSB 2.0 and 3.0Bluetooth & WifiAudio & HDMI outBrightness ControlPower Management Not Working:WebcamSD CardIm working with someone on I met on youtube and we are in the process of making a video guide with detailed steps. If you want to hang on a few weeks we'll have it ready and ill also post a guide here. Spent over 3 weeks to get my system running smoothly and went through the steps so many times I'm fairly confident in the process for this variant. You're welcome to join us and help us with the video if you'd like. Reach out to this guy that uploaded the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78r615xxgoAs for stability, I've been using as my daily driver for school and its amazingly held up to everything i usually throw at my macbook so very impressed at the compatibility seems 100% right now. Never experienced any crashes or graphics gargle yet.
when you attempted to do a graphic dvmt, did you apply the same procedure? did you extract the bios or just apply the patch like Phg500 did?Thanks, I always wanted to get my bios upgraded to A07, but i'm a bit worried if something bad happens

when you attempted to do a graphic dvmt, did you apply the same procedure? did you extract the bios or just apply the patch like Phg500 did?Thanks, I always wanted to get my bios upgraded to A07, but i'm a bit worried if something bad happens

I applied the same BIOS patches to A07 as the previous revision. Didn't change between the two releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back