Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. Thank you.
No worries. Feel free to PM me if you have any question. I can guide you up until Config.plist as I'm having troubles with that as well.

I do not have enough posts to PM. I have successfully extracted the bios but I kinda failed in finding the "Setup" module in UEFI tool. Is it named differently for Dell?

Thanks.

I do not have enough posts to PM. I have successfully extracted the bios but I kinda failed in finding the "Setup" module in UEFI tool. Is it named differently for Dell?

Thanks.

There is "SetupPrep"! Is that the one?

Search for Universal Bios Backup Toolkit.
Also, A07 is out already.. so you might wanna install that first.
Both of my XPS 13 had DVMT of 0x183, but you should still check that yours.

I found out that mine is also set to 0x183 (96MB). I used the "SetupPrep" module instead of "Setup" though. I guess this means that I can go ahead with the installation as usual.

:thumbup:
I follow your guide ,use OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and delete that efi ,and delete all the KextsToPatch
and delete device audio resetHDA
for now reboot thrice ,the problem 1,2,seems solved
next step i will research the sound and the sleep section Thanks a lot !
=====================
and the problem 3 was not solved , i use the win10 play a music and close the cover and open the cover
the win 10 system 's sound have a red cross, have no audio device,
and i reboot the win 10 there wifi cant connect any ap and audio also red cross.

Windows 10 problems are off-topic. This site is only for OS X.

I found out that mine is also set to 0x183 (96MB). I used the "SetupPrep" module instead of "Setup" though. I guess this means that I can go ahead with the installation as usual.

OK, after reading once again, 0x183 is the address offset of the setting. The setting itself was set to 0x1 which was only 32MB. As stated in the first page you must set it to 0x3 for 96MB. I am installing the OSX right now. So far the tutorial is spot on. Fingers crossed.

I am able to boot into OSX desktop however I have multiple issues.

I am using the config.plist and DSDT.aml from the first page. The glaring issues are:

1 - The laptop hangs if "Intel Inject" is on. I can boot into the desktop if I disable the inject. I have the QHD+ model with the 3200x1800 resolution. I am not sure if that matters. By the way I have set the DVMT to 128MB (0x4 I believe).

2 - The laptop detects that there is a wifi card (I can see the airport icon at the top) but I cannot set the wifi to "On". It just does not do anything.

3 - I don't have sound. I tried to install VoodooHDA 2.8.8 as suggested but the installation fails because apparently that package is not compatible with my OS version.

Here is some more info about my installation:

I have installed El Capitan 10.11.1 fresh.

About my HDD Clover installation:
- Installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 as suggested.
- Remove all the subfolders in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder with the exception of Other folder.
- Other folder contains:
-- FakeSMC.kext
-- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I have installed the following kexts via Kext Wizard:
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- CodecCommander.kext
- IntelBacklight.kext
- ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Not sure what other information I can post to be more verbose. Please help :) Obviously my priorities are graphics and the wifi. I can deal with the sound later on.

I am able to boot into OSX desktop however I have multiple issues.

I am using the config.plist and DSDT.aml from the first page. The glaring issues are:

1 - The laptop hangs if "Intel Inject" is on. I can boot into the desktop if I disable the inject. I have the QHD+ model with the 3200x1800 resolution. I am not sure if that matters. By the way I have set the DVMT to 128MB (0x4 I believe).

2 - The laptop detects that there is a wifi card (I can see the airport icon at the top) but I cannot set the wifi to "On". It just does not do anything.

3 - I don't have sound. I tried to install VoodooHDA 2.8.8 as suggested but the installation fails because apparently that package is not compatible with my OS version.

Here is some more info about my installation:

I have installed El Capitan 10.11.1 fresh.

About my HDD Clover installation:
- Installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 as suggested.
- Remove all the subfolders in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder with the exception of Other folder.
- Other folder contains:
-- FakeSMC.kext
-- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I have installed the following kexts via Kext Wizard:
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- CodecCommander.kext
- IntelBacklight.kext
- ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Not sure what other information I can post to be more verbose. Please help :) Obviously my priorities are graphics and the wifi. I can deal with the sound later on.

why did you set it to 0x4? Try 0x3 and see if that solves your graphics problem.

try not to install kexts that are not neccesary when you first get it up and running. i suggest keeping fakepciid, broadcom WiFi, fake smc and ps2 controller. The others can be installed when you know everything is up and running properly

why did you set it to 0x4? Try 0x3 and see if that solves your graphics problem.

try not to install kexts that are not neccesary when you first get it up and running. i suggest keeping fakepciid, broadcom WiFi, fake smc and ps2 controller. The others can be installed when you know everything is up and running properly

I have already tried all the things you've suggested but none worked so far.

By the way I am using latest clover (3320).

Is there anyway to download El Capitan 10.11 instead of 10.11.1? It seems like no one here tried to directly install 10.11.1. Maybe that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back