Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this, no luck
Also tried manually seaching for the hex code in the file, couldn't find it.
I'm using 10.11.1, I guess I'll have to play with the DVMT prealloc :(

For IOKit patching see y50 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

DVMT-prealloc and matching framebuffer patch are also necessary.

--

Also, your profile is not filled out..

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

With VoodooPS2 kext, is there any way to make the trackpad behave as a 'smart' trackpad, i.e. multi-finger gestures and swipes? Currently, the pad works well as a pointer and two finger scrolling. Anything else that can be enabled? Thanks.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204895

With VoodooPS2 kext, is there any way to make the trackpad behave as a 'smart' trackpad, i.e. multi-finger gestures and swipes? Currently, the pad works well as a pointer and two finger scrolling. Anything else that can be enabled? Thanks.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204895

Assuming your trackpad is Synaptics, you can enable 3-finger swipes. SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Do the swipe instead of hitting keys.

I tried this, no luck
Also tried manually seaching for the hex code in the file, couldn't find it.
I'm using 10.11.1, I guess I'll have to play with the DVMT prealloc :(

Did you have framebuffer patch in config.plist?

If you want to find out for sure before you adjust DVMT prelloc value you can do this:
Download my EFI folder from post #234 + kexts.zip(you already downloaded).
Do a clean install of El Capitan.
replace EFI folder with my EFI folder and install all kexts.
Reboot(make sure to set Inject/Intel=False).
after reboot the screen should be very small and make sure internet is connected.
Open the terminal.
Run this command:

xcode-select —-install (I'm not sure it's necessary but I did it this way)

Wait until Xcode command line downloaded and installed.
Run the next 2 commands:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Reboot and make sure to set Inject/Intel=True
If the graphics still not working that meant you have to adjust DVMT prealloc for sure.
If the graphics is working you are done.
Now it's up to you to still using my EFI folder or set up your own. I would recommend to set up your own it's easy and you will learn a lot.
I'm not an expert by any mean just want to help.

Good luck,

Did you have framebuffer patch in config.plist?

If you want to find out for sure before you adjust DVMT prelloc value you can do this:
Download my EFI folder from post #234 + kexts.zip(you already downloaded).
Do a clean install of El Capitan.
replace EFI folder with my EFI folder and install all kexts.
Reboot(make sure to set Inject/Intel=False).
after reboot the screen should be very small and make sure internet is connected.
Open the terminal.
Run this command:

xcode-select —-install (I'm not sure it's necessary but I did it this way)

Wait until Xcode command line downloaded and installed.
Run the next 2 commands:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Reboot and make sure to set Inject/Intel=True
If the graphics still not working that meant you have to adjust DVMT prealloc for sure.
If the graphics is working you are done.
Now it's up to you to still using my EFI folder or set up your own. I would recommend to set up your own it's easy and you will learn a lot.
I'm not an expert by any mean just want to help.

Good luck,

thank you for the detailed response! :D
but I've already changed the DVMT variable,
Now pretty much everything works (including intel drivers of course)
Things that don't work for me/are buggy:
Can't adjust brightness (with the keyboard)
When the laptop is on battery it randomly stops recognizing the battery for a few moments every now and than.
Sleep takes about 20 seconds, but wake is normal.

EDIT: forgot to say thanks to all of you guys helping, this was my first hackintosh setup since 5 years ago and thanks to you all I did it in under a day :thumbup:

thank you for the detailed response! :D
but I've already changed the DVMT variable,

You will have to do that again soon!!! I think Dell is close release a new BIOS V. A06. Someone on other Forum sent his XPS 9343 in for service and it came back with BIOS V. A06.

You will have to do that again soon!!! I think Dell is close release a new BIOS V. A06. Someone on other Forum sent his XPS 9343 in for service and it came back with BIOS V. A06.
The A07 just came out LOL! (where is A06? :think:)
Also do you have the battery indicator bug or is it just me?

The A07 just came out LOL! (where is A06? :think:)
Also do you have the battery indicator bug or is it just me?

You are right .. LOL I didn't check it for a few days now A07 it shown up. I was hoping that it'll support pci-e x4 but there is no mention in the change log about that.
I don't have a problem with battery indicator I guess it's just you.. LOL. Did you do "battery Dell XPS 13" patch? I didn't do that patch I just installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

You are right .. LOL I didn't check it for a few days now A07 it shown up. I was hoping that it'll support pci-e x4 but there is no mention in the change log about that.
I don't have a problem with battery indicator I guess it's just you.. LOL. Did you do "battery Dell XPS 13" patch? I didn't do that patch I just installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Please follow the instructions that RehabMan posted. You're gonna need to patch DSDT and install the kext.

Also, to anyone that has their hackintosh running on the 9343, could you check what if your SMBIOS shows up as MacBookAir6 or MacBookAir6,1 ?

If it's 6,1 , could you please post a brief explanation on what you did to get it up and running? I've done everything I could think of but sadly it still shows up as MacBookAir6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back