Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ egore,

Sorry I couldn't reply you PM because I don't have enough posts to PM anyone. You can download my EFI folder that I posted earlier on post #234. You can use any files that you want to see they will help you to get machine running stable. I had almost every thing working including Sleep and wake and my CPU identify correctly as i7 but my Model Identifier still wrong and shown as MacBookAir7.
I couldn't get Camera(Sonix), Brightness keys(Brightness slider in Display works), SD card reader to work. I attached all the kexts that I used in case you want to use them as well. I recommend that you start fresh and let me know if you have questions for me.

Good luck,

Attachments

• Kexts.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 95
Hi Lopburi,

thank you for your files and your work. I have the same laptop (Dell 9343, I7, UHD) and i could install El Captain using your EFI and kexts. Most things are working!
I have the problem, that I only have the resolution 3200x1800. This is very small, I want to have 1440x900 too. If I set Intel_true, the laptop will not boot (using CLOVER of you). Do you see any way?

Hi Lopburi,

thank you for your files and your work. I have the same laptop (Dell 9343, I7, UHD) and i could install El Captain using your EFI and kexts. Most things are working!
I have the problem, that I only have the resolution 3200x1800. This is very small, I want to have 1440x900 too. If I set Intel_true, the laptop will not boot (using CLOVER of you). Do you see any way?

You need Inject/Intel=true in order to load graphics drivers.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

Hi Lopburi,

Inside Kexts.zip there a file "IOKit Patch.txt" open the Terminal copy and paste those 3 commands one by one start from the top. After you are done make sure to set Inject/Intel=True and reboot. If you did it right but still doesn't work you will have to set DVMT-prealloc as required as RM suggested . For some reason I didn't have to set DVMT-prealloc I just run IOKit patch and it works maybe I'm lucky.

Good Luck,

Hey RehabMan, I did a clean install without using unibeast and used your guide instead. However, i could not use HFSplus.efi and thus I used VBoxHfs-64.efi and deleted the flag on your config.plist to enable VBoxHfs-64.ef, but I'm still getting the SIMBIOS problem. Is it possible that using VBoxHfs-64 is causing the problem?

Hey RehabMan, I did a clean install without using unibeast and used your guide instead. However, i could not use HFSplus.efi and thus I used VBoxHfs-64.efi and deleted the flag on your config.plist to enable VBoxHfs-64.ef, but I'm still getting the SIMBIOS problem. Is it possible that using VBoxHfs-64 is causing the problem?

SMBIOS not related to VboxHfs/HfsPlus.

Ah well then I have no idea what's causing the SMBIOS issue...

Inside Kexts.zip there a file "IOKit Patch.txt" open the Terminal copy and paste those 3 commands one by one start from the top. After you are done make sure to set Inject/Intel=True and reboot. If you did it right but still doesn't work you will have to set DVMT-prealloc as required as RM suggested . For some reason I didn't have to set DVMT-prealloc I just run IOKit patch and it works maybe I'm lucky.

Good Luck,

I tried this, no luck
Also tried manually seaching for the hex code in the file, couldn't find it.
I'm using 10.11.1, I guess I'll have to play with the DVMT prealloc :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back